Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tonycogo
Level 8

Speaker Stands

Roku recommends the SANUS Premium Wireless Speaker Stands (model HTB3) (https://www.sanus.com/en_US/products/speaker-stands/htb3/, see it at Amazon) for their Roku TV Wireless speakers. I am wondering if the power cord for the wireless speakers can be routed through the upper and lower pillars of the speaker stands without damaging the cord. In other words will the power cord fit down inside the pillar? The center pillar is intended to be a wire management device in addition to supporting the speakers. Not only does the pillar support the weight of the speakers, but it also hides and protects any wires connected to the speakers. This provides a "clean", appealing installation while protecting the wires. I have heard of people attaching the wires to the outside of the post when the wires don't fit (or just simply letting the cords hang loose), but I think that defeats the purpose of the wire management function and isn't really a "clean" solution. Has anyone tried using these speaker stands with the speakers to route the power cord for the speakers through (inside) the pillar? Does the power cord fit inside the center post? If not, is there an alternative set of speaker stands that the wire does fit (brand & model name or number)? Any ideas? I haven't seen any sales or product representations concerning this topic anywhere and I am wondering what other people have experienced.

0 Kudos
19 Replies
Cruizepuppy
Level 8

Re: Speaker Stands

Hi,

I was wondering the same thing. Have you ever figured it out? I'd like to know, too!

Thanks!

0 Kudos
JC12
Level 9

Hello, I bought those stands and returned them. Those are perfect if your not using cables/wires. But of course, the Roku speakers have power chords. Nowhere to hide them and looked horrible. I don’t recommend.

0 Kudos
Cruizepuppy
Level 8

That's a bummer...what kind did you wind up getting? Thank you!

0 Kudos
JC12
Level 9

I skipped the stands and just placed the speakers on top of entertainment table right below TV. Looks great for my place. Would have loved the stands though. 

0 Kudos
JC12
Level 9

SpeakersSpeakers

Tonycogo
Level 8

All,

I did the same thing as JC12. I bought the stands mentioned and returned them. And, I haven't found a real alternative. The plug doesn't fit down the pillar so you would have to wire tie or velcro the cord to the outside of the pillar (pretty sloppy looking, if you ask me). I gave up and just put the speakers on stands. There may be an alternative out there, but I gave up. If anyone finds something that actually works and looks good too, I sure would like to know. Maybe someone will invent a "thin plug" or put a slot in the pillar or some other ingenious way to hide the cord (wireless power?).

0 Kudos
Cruizepuppy
Level 8

Looks great! 

Cruizepuppy
Level 8

I have new speaker stands coming today from Amazon. Somebody else said that the power plug fits down the pole so we shall see! I will let you all know. 😀

0 Kudos
Cruizepuppy
Level 8

So excited! I found speaker stands where the pole is large enough for the plug to go all the way through! No plug will show on the outside. Smiley Happy

speakerstands.jpg I got them on Amazon. Someone said these were the only ones that fit. Here they are:

Mounting Dream Speaker Stands for Satellite & Small Bookshelf Speakers - Set of 2 Floor Stand Mount for Bose Polk JBL Sony Yamaha and Others - 11LBS Capacity MD5402 New Version  $48.99