Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jefsco
Reel Rookie

Re: Sharp TV keeps looping

Did you ever find a solution? I've had the same issue and I've called Sharp and they keep telling me it's a Roku os issue and when I work Roku support they tell me it's an issue for Sharp. I've gone back and forth and it's very frustrating. I'm sure all I need is the firmware updated but no one can tell me where to find it. But I wish I can get this solved.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Jefsco

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rohan49
Reel Rookie

I got the same issue a couple weeks ago in the middle of a show. Just turned off. TV starts, gets to the Sharp Roku screen, turns off, and repeats non stop. It never loads. Power cycled, reset, unplugged it for 2 days, replaced power cable. Nothing changes.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Rohan49

Thanks for the post.

It's possible that the issue you are experiencing is related to a hardware issue. Have you tried contacting Sharp support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS.

You can reach them here: http://www.sharpusa.com/CustomerSupport/ContactUs.aspx or at 1-888-935-8880.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rohan49
Reel Rookie

Is this literally the only answer you guys have? You keep repeating it after multiple people with this issue have already posted that Sharp says its not a hardware issue and to contact you.

Brashhedx
Reel Rookie

I should start a class act against Roku and Sharp lol this happening to a lot of people and neither side are trying to fix an obvious problem on their side.

Did you ever get it fixed?

Rohan49
Reel Rookie

Nope. I have an Amazon Fire TV hanging in it's place now. 

0 Kudos