Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adam321

Setup for onn blast sound bar/ onn roku tv (no volume control with cable remote)

I recently purchased a new onn roku tv and onn blast soundbar. All setup went good except for volume and power controls on the cable remote. When I tried to setup through the cable box it asked for the brand and onn nor roku is an option. 

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Setup for onn blast sound bar/ onn roku tv (no volume control with cable remote)

Try telling it is an Admiral tv. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Adam321

Re: Setup for onn blast sound bar/ onn roku tv (no volume control with cable remote)

TV works good now but the volume up button acts as a power button to the sound bar. I've tried all different input on the sound bar (aux and optic) but the only thing that works is the optic being plugged into the cable box.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

The Onn Roku soundbar remote is IR, and its power & volume commands are not in any preprogrammed remote. These commands are Roku commands, they can't be set to different tv brands. These commands simply tell the soundbar to send  a hdmi-cec signal to the tv its connected to, and ALL tv brands respond to the same cec-signal for tv power, volume up & down, and mute. So the soundbar remote controls the tv by hdmi-cec, where your cable remote controls the tv by IR. 

You have Roku tv and Roku soundbar, the only cable you need is a hdmi cable connected to the ARC input on the Roku tv, probably Hdmi 3. Never use the ARC and optical at the same time. The optical cable is only there if your tv didn't have an ARC input, which it does, so discard the optical cable. 

Edmund

0 Kudos
Adam321

The sound bar has no hdmi in/output only optic and aux the only thing I can do to make it work correctly is to cover the IR receiver on the sound and place it behind the tv 

0 Kudos
Mbrat56

I've done everything and still no sound

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Refresh the cec devices in the Roku tv settings:

settings> system> control other devices> search cec devices> ok

Edmund

0 Kudos