Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idris51

Senior Famliy Friendly TV Configuration.

We just moved Elderly mother/father. Before move they only watched digital broadcast. During duration of move to our town and then into their smaller home, they got used to our TV with apps. They have asked if we can set up a TV with just a few apps. Can I configure a TV where when powered on, only has choices of a few apps, to reduce confusion? Animal apps, mainly.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Senior Famliy Friendly TV Configuration.

The apps installed are linked to the Roku account that the Roku device is linked to, so if you create a Roku account for them and only install a few apps, that's all they'll see other than the cruft ("On now", "Continue watching", "Recommended for you" or whatever it's called) that Roku keeps trying to foist on its users.  There's only so much you can do, but I'd recommend adding a PIN to the Roku account so that purchases can't be made and channels can't be added without it.  Also, don't use one of the Roku screensavers that advertise channels/apps (like City Stroll).  Inevitably, they will unintentionally install one of the advertised apps and wonder what's going on.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.