Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Screen reader won't turn off, but it's set to OFF in Roku settings and HBO settings

Jump to solution

mine only says english and english. there is no descriptive under audio track.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Screen reader won't turn off, but it's set to OFF in Roku settings and HBO settings

Jump to solution

@CHRISTYALICE

Thanks for the posts.

Have you already tried pressing the * button four times to see if that helps resolve the issue you are experiencing? Can you provide a screenshot of the settings you are describing during the channel playback?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
smokininkman
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I had the same problem occur while watching HULU Live. It is a narrator, and it just turned on. Followed directions to Accessibilities and captions and went to audio option. It says default track and will not toggle to anything else.

I really want to know how to fix, AND what we accidentally touched on the remote to turn it on . It seems like some button acted as a direct "toggle" that turned it on.

Any help appreciated.

Alan

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@smokininkman

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried pressing the * button four times to see if that helps resolve the issue you are experiencing?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
smokininkman
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I did , and I also changed something else, which I don't remember, and the problem, seems to have gone away.

Is there a button on the remote that toggles the narrator on?  Or did it just do it on it's own?

0 Kudos
deelite127

Jump to solution

This worked in PP. thank you for sharing.

0 Kudos