Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Sanyo TV not compatible with smart soundbar??

Jump to solution

I need help. I just bought the Roku Smart soundbar and am trying to set it up with my t.v. my t.v does not have the ARC Hdmi port so I have to use the alternate route and cable that was included. BUT it seems that my t.v which is a SANYO Brand does not have the input plug for that either?!!!what do I do???

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Sanyo TV not compatible with smart soundbar??

Jump to solution

@CamiliaE 

Thanks for the inquiry.

If your TV does not have the HDMI ARC, then you will need in addition to the HDMI cable for video, an S/PDIF optical cable for audio to be connected to your TV's optical output, sometimes labeled "Digital audio out" or "Digital output".

If you do not have those output, then your TV will not support the Roku Smart Soundbar.

For more information about how to set up your Roku Soundbar, visit our Support page here: How do I set up my Roku® Smart Soundbar?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@CamiliaE 

Thanks for the inquiry.

If your TV does not have the HDMI ARC, then you will need in addition to the HDMI cable for video, an S/PDIF optical cable for audio to be connected to your TV's optical output, sometimes labeled "Digital audio out" or "Digital output".

If you do not have those output, then your TV will not support the Roku Smart Soundbar.

For more information about how to set up your Roku Soundbar, visit our Support page here: How do I set up my Roku® Smart Soundbar?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

My tv has an port called Digital Audio Out however it says use a coaxial cable, not the cable that came with soundbar. Do I need to return the soundbar?

0 Kudos