Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku tvs as my computer monitors. Display settings reset when I start streaming online.

I have a 75in hisense tv for my main monitor and a 55in onn as my side monitor for mt computer. Lately I have been having problems when I stream shows from my computer watching them on my TV. With out fail, the first time after startup that I start a show, regardless of the streaming service, my screen will go black for a few seconds and then come back. When it comes back, sometimes nothing changes, sometimes display settings are changed, sometimes it causes my computer to bluescreen! It has changed which monitor is main, the scaling percent, even sound output settings!

I used to have a 65in tcl roku tv as my main and I had to remove it because the screen would repeatedly go black for a few seconds, flash the desktop for a moment, and then go back to black. I thought it was my graphics card for the longest time and has pulled it out to send in, so I had my laptop hooked up the the tv instead, and it still did it!

I am at my wits end. Does anyone have any advice?

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.