Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rwfelto
Reel Rookie

Roku tv won't connect to mobile hotspot

I've been using my tv with my mobile hotspot since I set it up. It worked fine 2 days ago. Tried to watch it yesterday and it isn't connecting to my hotspot. I haven't changed anything on either my mobile device not the unit. Trying to search for wireless networks and it just keeps searching. Rebooted my mobile and tried again to no avail. What gives?

4 REPLIES 4
MM922

Re: Roku tv won't connect to mobile hotspot

Same issue here,so it is not just me. This started on or about February 5th. 

Rwfelto
Reel Rookie

It was the same time frame for me, give or take a day. It's the only way that I can stream since I don't have internet at home. Does anyone know of a reset procedure, or is this something that I have to take up with the manufacturer?

MikeyBoyB

Same thing, but it won’t even recognize my hotspot. It brings up for five other options that are password-protected.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@MikeyBoyB, what's the model number of your Roku device displayed under Settings->System->About?  Some Roku devices only see 2.4GHz channels (1 to 11).  Try setting up your hotspot for one of those channels.

Edit:  I just realized this is the "Roku TV' section, so while the above is still something to try, all Roku TVs as far as I know support 5GHz Wi-Fi, but not all channels.  If you really have a Roku TV and if you're using 5GHz, try a channel below 50 or above 150.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos