Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rialamb
Reel Rookie

Roku tv going haywire! Worked great for years until yesterday

My Roku tv has worked great for the few years I’ve had it. Worked great on Wednesday. 
Thursday, all of the apps I opened wouldn’t play - they would continually buffer (and then play a few seconds and then buffer). Signal strength is excellent. No changes in anything. I tried to delete and reinstall some apps but it wouldn’t let me delete anything. I disconnected and reconnected to the internet (keeps asking me if I’m in a dorm or hotel).

I contacted my internet provider and they verified all good. I contacted my router - eeros and the say all good with them. 
Paramount + app now says that it isn’t available in my area (Maine) when it worked fine until yesterday. 

I am trying to do a factory reset but the first few attempts it said it can’t send to my email. The last attempt said it would send and I have 30 minutes to respond but I never got the email (yes, I checked Spam)

Someone please help!!

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku tv going haywire! Worked great for years until yesterday

Can you connect to an alternate network like your phone's hotspot to get through the setup and to see if channels/apps work?

The asking if you're in a hotel/dorm makes me think something's not quite right with your network.  Are you using any kind of content blocker or VPN?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Rialamb
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku tv going haywire! Worked great for years until yesterday

After I posted, I did that — connected to my hotspot. I was able to get it working again and about an hour ago, switched to my home wifi. So far, so good. Seems to be working again, at least for now. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.