Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PITBULL95
Binge Watcher

Re: What has happened to the channel numbers on the streaming channels?

Jump to solution

Mine haven't disappeared as of this morning. Who knows what will happen later, LOL

winston3338
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I saw the channel numbers were scrambled but I didn't know they were disappearing again. I contacted Onn to ask if this was something the TV manufacturers were doing or was it that dirt bomb Tony Wood from Roku. The guy's an ungrateful clown.

We gave him a billion dollars, and he gave us a billion headaches. Like battery killing remotes and units that were poorly made because he was busy playing games and  redesigning the remote. I hope the manufacturers are doing this and not Tony. Us dinosaurs have had enough of him and his screwball company.

0 Kudos
Christeen420
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku channel numbers disappeared again

Jump to solution

This is totally unacceptable, Roku! We went thru this for over a month last year Dec 2023. Did you not get the message from your consumers or you don't give a rats ass about the issue? It's getting time for a new TV... You can bet your life-savings it will NOT be a Roku!! 

bratface
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Still have my numbers, although now that I've said it 'out loud', knowing Roku they probably will be gone again. I do not have a 'sort' option as yet but my guide is already in numerical order.

0 Kudos
AuntPammy
Reel Rookie

Re: Channels are no longer in numerical order. They are in a random order.

Jump to solution

Press the star button on your remote, then press "Sort Channel List". then press "By Channel Number".

0 Kudos
StevenCee
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Docsman  Yes, I still have my Favorites, but that's hardly a help, as I have many, and it's not very easy to quickly scroll through those, as the little windows with the channel names in them are so tiny, they are far less visible than channel numbers. I mean, why get rid of the numbers, yet keep the little windows with channel names, why even have channel names, why not have it become completely random, as that's the direction this is headed. Plus, many of the channels I view, I'm more familiar with their channel numbers & where they are positioned, than the actual name of each one. This is just so ridiculous & frustrating...

Kcarbine
Reel Rookie

Re: Channels are no longer in numerical order. They are in a random order.

Jump to solution

Oh, thank you! I'm gonna try that!

0 Kudos
KiwiSue

Jump to solution

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR this is frustrating and unacceptable - if you want to hold on to your customers please put things back as they were or give us the option to do it ourselves !

Docsman
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

There's no question that channel numbers make navigation easier, but ultimately, @StevenCee, whether there are channel numbers or not, the inability to go directly to any channel we want creates this situation. I'm saying to make favorites because without them you have no chance when there are no channel numbers, but as you're finding out, having a lot of favorites when you can only scroll through them creates the same issue. 

Unfortunately, no one's going to give us the ability to go directly to a particular channel so it's a scrolling life for us. I suppose the best you could hope for would be for Roku to allow you to create folders within your favorites, but I doubt that anybody wants to go through the programming to support that. More I think about it, though, they could probably do it simply by just replicating the same channel groups as they already have---Drama, Sports, Games Shows ---under Favorites and then you could just make your own favorites within each. 

0 Kudos
TheHLT
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

That’s not all - the whole entire menu is SMOOTH G-O-N-E, including Save List!!

There’s no way to even access channel numbers OR channel names. I just posted a long thread with picture attached on the discussion board about entitled:

Oh Roku. I have a bone to pick with you.  
you should be able to view it here:

https://community.roku.com/t5/Discussions/Oh-Roku-I-have-a-bone-to-pick-with-you/m-p/967945

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.