Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Botbonker
Reel Rookie

Roku Wont Pause on any of the apps.

My Roku won't pause videos on Plex, Emby, and YouTube. The video will blink for a second then immediately restarts the video. It's up-to-date and I have restarted a few times. Any suggestions?

Model 3941X2 - Roku Express 4K+
Serial number: X02200K4JTE7
Software version: 12.5.0 Build 4178-E4
Uptime: 3 days 5 hours 22 minutes

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Wont Pause on any of the apps.

Can you try the app on your phone as a remote to see if there's some problem with the Roku remote?  I assume you're using a Roku remote and not some universal remote.

Roku Mobile App - Free for iOS® or Android™ | Roku

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Botbonker
Reel Rookie

Ok, I tried the remote through the app same issue. Also yes it is the og remote.

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello! @Botbonker,

Thanks for the post,

We appreciate you reaching out to us. We're pleased to assist.

A system restart is the least invasive reset method. Instead, a system restart is performed by removing the power cord from your Roku device for at least 10 seconds before plugging it back in. If reaching the power cord is inconvenient, you can also use the instructions below to perform a system restart from the Settings menu and control your Roku device with the remote or the free Roku mobile app for iOS® or Android.

1. Press Home  on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System restart

In either case, your Roku device will complete a system restart and hopefully return to normal operation after a moment.

Please keep us posted on what you find out, and we will be happy to continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Botbonker
Reel Rookie

Unfortunately that did not seem to help. Restarted then unplugged for 30 seconds. Removed remote batteries on remote and replaced. Nothing.

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Botbonker,

Thanks for your quick response.

We would be more than happy to investigate further, but we will need further details. Can you please provide us with the following information?

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version or build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)?
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID)

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.
We look forward to working with you to help resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Botbonker
Reel Rookie

Model: 3941X2 - Roku Express 4K+
Serial number: X02200K4JTE7
Software version: 12.5.0 Build 4178-E4
Device ID: SOHAK384JTE7

Happens on:

Plex: V. 7.13 • Build 9

Emby: V. 4.1 • Build 1

Youtube: V. 2.23 • Build 115025138

GC Version: 10.5.39

Timestamp: 2024-01-15T03:30:10Z

Issue ID: E7-020-370

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Botbonker,

Thanks for your response.

We have passed along your information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, we will be sure to update this Community thread. We appreciate your patience and understanding in the meantime.

Best regards,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.