Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
suhailhalai
Level 7

Roku Wireless Speakers - Sound Not Working (June 2019)

Hey Roku, there seems to be an issue with the quality of these speakers or possibly it is tied to a recent software update (June 2019): I lost all sound on my system last week, no sound, nada. If I disconnect ANY one speaker of the pair, the other one works fine giving me excellent mono sound. The moment I reconnect the previous one, it connects like usual, gives me all the confirmation text notification on the screen, plays system setup voices on both speakers, confirming I have stereo sound enabled now, but then no more sound is heard when playing ANY content. Again, after I unplug power to either one of the speakers from the setup, the mono sound is great. What is happening here? Can you please issue an urgent software fix? I have already reset both speakers and in a desperate attempt I have also reset my TCL Roku 5 Series TV 55S517. If it helps, my issue ID is 97-257-085.

UPDATE FOR EVERYONE / PSA: I did get in touch with Roku support and they promptly issued a software rollback specific to the TCL Series 5 Models. When I clicked on "update software", my TV software automatically switched to a previous version and this issue was resolved. I believe they have fixed this for all televisions in this series so the solution may just be to check for another software update.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Roku Wireless Speakers - Sound Not Working (June 2019)

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're running into. 

In general, for this type of issue we'd typically recommend power cycling your TV, trying to re-pair your speakers, and checking your network connection. 

We'd like to help take a closer look. Please send me a private message with your Roku account email address, the serial number of your TV from Settings>System>About, and more information about any troubleshooting that you've already performed. I'll follow up directly to continue assisting you from there. 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
suhailhalai
Level 7

Re: Roku Wireless Speakers - Sound Not Working (June 2019)

Hello Tanner, thank you for your quick response. I got this resolved!

UPDATE FOR EVERYONE / PSA: I did get in touch with Roku support and they promptly issued a software rollback specific to the TCL Series 5 Models. When I clicked on "update software", my TV software automatically switched to a previous version and this issue was resolved. I believe they have fixed this for all televisions in this series so the solution may just be to check for another software update.
0 Kudos