Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tbourassa

Re: Roku TV not showing antenna channels in live TV

Jump to solution

Don't work for me. I can check the hide streaming channels box, but when I go to Live TV guide they are all still there.

0 Kudos

Re: Roku TV not showing antenna channels in live TV

Jump to solution

Brand new out of the box tv. DId the antenna scan but Live TV only shows streaming, even when set to "hide streaming". The only way to get to local stations is through the config/settings and "manage all channels", which is ridiculously hard for an elderly non-tech savy woman like mom (who this tv was for).  Boxing it back up and returning after reading 11 pages of updates. This is clearly a known issue that roku doesn't care about and I don't fancy a phone call every night to ask how she gets to her broadcast tv again. 😛

0 Kudos

Re: Roku TV not showing antennae channels in live TV

Jump to solution

Seriosly this still isn’t fixed?  This is so stupid. 

0 Kudos
Ilovepink
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

We had this and bought a new digital antenna and it’s working great now.

0 Kudos
kateg

Jump to solution

It took me 5 trys to get the fix to work. Aggravating ! Finally worked . Go Bills! 

0 Kudos
RikuTV
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Just bought a new 55” Roku TV and started seeing this issue. It is incredibly frustrating. I may have a solution: I rescanned antenna stations and then renamed Live TV to Antenna TV and now I have both Live TV and Antenna TV icons on Home Screen. Time will tell if this solution lasts. I’ll update in a week or so with high hopes for a solid fix.

0 Kudos
RikuTV
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

More info: I actually didn’t end up with 2 TV icons on Home Screen, just the Antenna TV that I renamed. It’s still working fine showing all the found scanned channels from antenna input as well as all streaming channels. When selecting the “Live TV” listed under Home at very left of Home Screen will not show any antenna channels, only the streaming ones. So far so good and I think it’s a satisfactory fix to the known update bug.

0 Kudos
GWates

Jump to solution

Unfortunately, this issue still persists with my new “Black Friday” Roku TV.  Now, it will not even allow the Live TV option if it’s not connected to my network. I have a leftover digital antenna box that I’m using on one of the HDMI inputs just so I don’t have to fuss for 30 min until the antenna channels reappear.

I didn’t see this in any other posts, but adding the antenna channels as Favorites doesn’t work. Also, I don’t know if this is different from what the rest of you are seeing, but I can select to hide the streaming channels, but I still get them anyway without the antenna channels. I would really like for the antenna channels to be grouped together in the top layer of the Live TV menu. This is disappointing for a brand new TV in 2023 that probably has better hardware than my workaround digital antenna box. 

Amber4evr

Jump to solution

Question. Did you disconnect router, then scan for antenna and after they were scanned, then reconnect router? What specific order did you do this to make it work? I tried disconnecting router and reconnecting and it didn’t fix. But I didn’t scan while router was disconnected. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Gle1

Jump to solution

Thank you. Worked for me. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.