Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku TV Tcl 32inch keeps freezing

Hello i have a tcl 32inch smart tv my tv seems to have a mind of its own recently my tv freezes to the point that you have to unplug the power from the wall to turn it back on this is while watching standed tv at first i thought it might be Ariel issues but all my other tvs work perfectly fine even from the same antenna point when the tv freezes the picture stays on the screan and thats how it stays the auto power off feature does not work or anything remotes become unresponsive as i said the only way is to disconnect the power from the power point       

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 13

Re: Tcl 32inch keeps freezing

Does it have a USB drive inserted to pause live TV?  If so, take it out.  If not, it sounds like a more serious problem.  Maybe try a factory reset from the Settings menu.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

No these is no usb installed how to you do a factory reset 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 13

I don't have a RokuTV I can check to be sure right now, but on a Roku box it's under Settings->System->Advanced system settings.  It's kind of a last ditch effort and may not accomplish anything, but it's worth a try.  You can also try to download the firmware from TCL:

https://support.tclusa.com/20272-roku/258399-how-to-update-the-software-on-your-tcl-roku-tv

Good luck!

-JT

0 Kudos