Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku TV - Remote with Private Listening Headphone Jack?

Jump to solution

Is there a headphone remote that will work with TCL ROKU TV?

[Topic moved and title updated]

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Headphone remote

Jump to solution

Only select models of Roku TVs were sold with remotes that included Private Listening built-in. You would want to contact your Roku TV manufacturer to inquire further. Other models of Roku player remotes that offer private listening would not be officially supported for use with a Roku TV. Functionality & results may vary. 

If you'd like to use this feature, we also offer this built-in to the free Roku mobile app, available for both Android & iOS. You can simply connect to your Roku TV, and listen through your mobile device using headphones, or paired to a bluetooth device, etc. See more here: https://support.roku.com/article/217478308-how-do-i-use-headphones-on-my-mobile-device-for-private-l...

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

Only select models of Roku TVs were sold with remotes that included Private Listening built-in. You would want to contact your Roku TV manufacturer to inquire further. Other models of Roku player remotes that offer private listening would not be officially supported for use with a Roku TV. Functionality & results may vary. 

If you'd like to use this feature, we also offer this built-in to the free Roku mobile app, available for both Android & iOS. You can simply connect to your Roku TV, and listen through your mobile device using headphones, or paired to a bluetooth device, etc. See more here: https://support.roku.com/article/217478308-how-do-i-use-headphones-on-my-mobile-device-for-private-l...

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have a similar question. I have an Insignia Roku TV. The remote does not have a headphone jack. I dislike using my phone for private listening. I very much want a physical remote with a headphone jack. The specifications for the Roku® Enhanced Voice Remote with TV power and volume buttons - RC463 says it is compatible with "Roku TV" among other things. Will this remote and it's headphone jack work with my Insignia Roku TV?

Thanks,

Matt

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@DEARRINGER Thanks for the note. We do support that model remote for use with Roku TVs. You can see the currently available options here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories

You can also contact your Roku TV manufacturer directly to see what other options they may have available. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks for the response.  In another response to another user, you explained that only select models of Roku TVs were sold with remotes that included Private Listening built-in. Which models are those? I would like to buy one.

Thanks,

Matt

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Oh, sorry, one more question. If I ordered the remote I previously mentioned, the RC463, and it turned out to be incompatible with my TV, particularly the Private-Listening capability, would I be able to return it and be refunded?

Thanks,

Matt

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@DEARRINGER  I know that TCL sold very few models that included a remote with Private Listening, but we don't have those specific available. You'd need to contact TCL support to inquire further. Not all Roku TV models are compatible with the Roku Enhanced Voice Remote available onhttps://www.roku.com/products/accessories . We've updated our accessories page accordingly to denote the specifics. 

As yes, I would be happy to help get you in touch with our support team to work on getting a refund processed. Please send me a private message with your Roku account email address, the order number for your remote, and your preferred contact phone number. Our apologies for the confusion and inconvenience! 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

Jump to solution

It now has Roku tv listed under the $29.99 remote under Streaming players. The 2019 Ultra remote we're speaking of use to have rc411 model number, whats the difference in the in it and rc463 haven't clue. My rc411 works my TCL 43" series 5 43s517, but the headphone jack does not work on my Insignia 55" from 2017. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@Tivoburkee  Thanks for noting that. We've updated the details on our Accessories page to denote the supported Roku TV model series for the Roku Enhanced Voice Remote. Some model series are not supported for use with this type of remote. We recommend checking Settings>System>About to see your Roku TV model number and compare accordingly. 

If you are looking for a supported remote replacement that is compatible with any Roku TV, check out the Roku TV accessories page here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/roku-tv

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

When I bought my new Roku TV yesterday the specs listed "headphones" and I assumed (my bad) that meant headphones could be plugged into the remote like a previous Roku I had and loved. I was disappointed that the remote does not have that capability. It seems I'm limited to wired headphones UNLESS all channels on the Roku TV will work through bluetooth headphones. Haven't tested yet. But it sure sounds like people would appreciate the return of the private listening function on the remote. 

0 Kudos