Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dennis45
Level 9

Re: Lip sync audio and visual lagging

Jump to solution

Not to give you any false hope but 4 posts above mentions a software update soon to be released that resolves this issue. It only took 27 months to create the atomic bomb, yet it's taken these people almost the same amount of time to even acknowledge that there's a problem. I'm not holding my breath waiting for this update, but will welcome in with open arms if it resolves this well known and publicized problem.

"TCL claims the next firmware release from Roku, V10.0, is supposed to fix the audio sync problems. I don't know whether to believe them or not."

AlisonR
Level 8

Jump to solution

Let’s hope. I just turned on the tv. I don’t know if I can show this 9 second clip, but this is what I’m dealing with. Well, **bleep**, it won’t let me post a 9 second video. Oh well! Let’s hope the upgrade helps!! 
PS, they really should let you show a short clip on this troubleshooting forum. 

0 Kudos
smtips
Level 9

Jump to solution

It hasn't resolved anything thus far. They have been saying software updates will fix the issues. Yet when a new one comes out, it's worse than before. Every time one is released it solves nothing.

I think best thing is just not to buy and if you do to return it to the merchant soon as you see the issue. I drove myself nuts for about an entire day testing and trying everything to no avail. I have ZERO faith that any software update will fix it, until I actually see that it fixes it. They've blown enough smoke for 2 years.

GuitarMan
Level 10

Jump to solution

@Dennis45 wrote:

Not to give you any false hope but 4 posts above mentions a software update soon to be released that resolves this issue. It only took 27 months to create the atomic bomb, yet it's taken these people almost the same amount of time to even acknowledge that there's a problem. I'm not holding my breath waiting for this update, but will welcome in with open arms if it resolves this well known and publicized problem.

"TCL claims the next firmware release from Roku, V10.0, is supposed to fix the audio sync problems. I don't know whether to believe them or not."

I'm the one who posted that based on what TCL told me.  So far it hasn't fixed anything.  Sometimes the audio syncs, sometimes I'm watching a badly dubbed Godzilla movie.   Other times the TCL soundbar connected to the eARC port of the TCL TV stops responding.  I don't know if the eARC port on my TV just happens to be bad or what but TCL just replaced my soundbar and it's doing the same thing as with the old soundbar and after the 10.0.0 update.

Could it possibly be my Apple TV?  I briefly thought so but I've since ruled that out.  It just doesn't make sense.   Before I got this 65R635 I had a Series 4 55" hooked up the same way and it never had these problems.  At this point I'm pretty sure the TV itself is the problem.  

0 Kudos
AlisonR
Level 8

Re: Roku TV - Audio out of sync, and visual lagging

Jump to solution

To Fafis (I think that was the name), can you describe to me how exactly you go to Settings and then restart Roku? I do not see any options for a restart. I can unplug and plug it back into the wall, but I do not see anything under settings where I can “go to Roku and restart”. 

0 Kudos
smtips
Level 9

Re: Roku TV - Audio out of sync, and visual lagging

Jump to solution

Head to Settings > System > Advanced System Settings > Factory Reset and you’ll find the option there.

You can also do a hard reset with a button on the side near the inputs, have to look for it, it's small and may require a paper clip. Probably just below your Ethernet port.

The software reset did nothing for me. The hard reset worked for a day or so then it was right back to the same old issues.

0 Kudos
Dennis45
Level 9

Jump to solution

I'm curious about the update you mentioned. I just checked for updates om my 55" TCL mine still shows the 9.4.0. build 4210 at this time. I'm wondering why the update hasn't made its way to my set yet? 

Are they being selective about it? Inquiring minds want to know! 

0 Kudos
mlm5l
Level 7

Jump to solution

Definitely helped. Still a little off but much better.

0 Kudos
CMD40
Level 7

Jump to solution

This worked!!!

0 Kudos
BigDog27
Level 7

Re: Roku TV External Plug in Device - Audio out of sync, and visual lagging - FIXED!!!!

Jump to solution

Here's how to fix the issue. Power off the Roku device. Disconnect the USB cable that is plugged into your TV. Connect it to a USB adapter that plugs into a wall outlet. I used one from a Lenovo Tablet that I had and added an extension cord so it could reach the wall outlet.. Power up the Roku device and test for the sync. My sync issues were gone after I did this.

This problem is possibly caused by the Roku demanding more power with the current firmware release or the TV's USB outlet has weakened.