Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Roku TV Airplay

Jump to solution

How can we know if the Roku TV has support for Apple AirPlay?  Is there a chart showing exact Model #s for TVs from TCL and HiSense?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Airplay not showing up on device

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Please be aware that Airplay will be supported on the following Roku TV models: 

Roku TV: Axxxx, Cxxxx, CxxGB, 7xxxx

We would recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provide by our Support page here.

If you do not see Airplay on your Roku TV with the above model numbers, can you please provide us the following information:

-Roku TV brand and model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
29 Replies

Jump to solution

iOS 14.2

rokutv C226X

software version 9.4.0 build 4190-94

all devices are on the same network

airplay is in the ROKU menu but does not appear on any of the iOS devices or on the MacBook Pro running on Big Sur

please help 

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

I'm able to connect to Airplay but the screen is black. I tried playing audio from music and it does play audio out of the TCL Roku but it sounds like it's skipping. So the connection is bad. Both devices (Roku and Apple iPhone 8 are connected to a strong 5G network. I tried my MacBook Pro 2019 and same thing.

-Roku TV brand and model: C105X, model 50S425
-serial number: X000009FY8W8
-device ID: S036D99FY8W8
-software OS/version: 9.4.0 build 4190-93

0 Kudos
Level 8

Jump to solution

Could not get my iPhone 11 to detect tcl 65” 8 series with 9.4 Roku update with Apple airplay HomeKit on screen mirror. Followed instructions to no avail. Finally, after a lot of tinkering, I  went to into tv settings; Apple airplay/HomeKit; require code; and selected “reset paired devices” and to my delight tv was detected on iPhone screen mirror giving me access to Airplay and all its features. Yeah!! Hope this helps some. Let me know. 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

Airplay and HomeKit both not working for me

-Roku device model: 7202X
-serial number: YN00RP824750
-device ID: 9H488R824750
-software OS/version: 9.4.0
-where are you located: Ventura, CA

0 Kudos
Level 21

Jump to solution

@Rhiannoniona wrote:

Airplay and HomeKit both not working for me

-Roku device model: 7202X
-serial number: YN00RP824750
-device ID: 9H488R824750
-software OS/version: 9.4.0
-where are you located: Ventura, CA

Your device is supported. Go into your iOS device and select the Screen Mirroring function. See if your TV is listed. AirPlay didn't appear on my 4670 until I first used the screen mirror, and then it was suddenly on the Roku settings menu. My other supported devices all seemed to get it without requiring that step, but you might give it a go. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have the same issue. I cannot connect to my TCL Roku TV for airplay. I already turn on the AirPlay, but my MacBook Air and iPhone 12 did not show the airplay icon. 

Roku TV: C149X

TCL model: 50S435

Serial number: X000001WKMXN

Device ID: S077208WKMXN

Hope Danny can help to solve this problem.

Thanks,

Jacob Tsai

0 Kudos
Level 21

Jump to solution

@Jacob_Tsai1121 wrote:

FYI: I just bought the TV 1 week ago. I really need the AirPlay.

Device ID: S077208WKMXN

Which TV did you buy? Need the Roku model number, which can be found under the Settings/System/About. Not all TVs are getting AirPlay. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I bought the TCL 50" Roku tv C149X, but I have Airplay this function from TV list.

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

same issue  i have airplay  and its updated 9.4.0  but when i stream from my iPhone i get the 

AIRPLAY unable to connect  

roku TV 7131x

TCL MOdel 55s423 

0 Kudos