Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pgoel6uc
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku TCL TV insanely dim/dark screen

Jump to solution

I have had this issue a couple of times. Restarting the TV has worked for me. It is found in one of the settings. 

0 Kudos
Pgoel6uc
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Go to settings, and restart the TV from there. Worked for me twice!

Tags (2)
Tirate

Jump to solution

I did the same and its still dim

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @Tirate

I hope you're doing well.

Have you tried contacting TCL Support to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

You can reach them here: https://support.tcl.com/us or 1-877-300-8837.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
GeneralMayhem
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hello,

This is a reply to a post I made on a different thread, this user has a different solution... maybe give this a try.

Hi GeneralMayhem,

Steve8991 (Newbie) posted a new reply in Discussions on 05-17-2021 10:17 PM:

Re: My Screen is very dark

A Youtube video by WorldofTech helped solve my issue. I reset my Roku TV with it's remote by pressing the home button 5 times, the up arrow 1 time, the re-wind button 2 times, and the fast forward button 2 times in that order. Your home menu should scroll a few times then the TV will shut off. It will come on again, shut off one more time then come back on and the picture should be fixed. The whole process takes about a minute. I hope this helps!

edwinaviar
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I hope this worked I've had so much trouble with the pitcher dimming for months now I thought there was something wrong with my television but so far this worked great job.

0 Kudos
Joannlotito14
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same happened to me I had it set to vivid picture mode seems vivid gives out this is my 2nd hisense roku TV so I changed the picture mode to movie mode and it’s working fine 

0 Kudos

Re: Roku TCL TV insanelysame dim/dark screen

Jump to solution

This worked for us!

Jump to solution

I wanted to post a solution because I tried everything I could find online and finally called the tcl support line and they said unplug the TV and hold the power button on TV down for 15 seconds. And then plug it back in and try turning it on. And that was the only solution that worked for my TV. 

Dave46

Jump to solution

Dark screen happened to me this morning.  After fiddling with various settings, I unplugged the tv and plugged it in.  When I turned on the tv, the screen was perfect.  Did not hold down the power button.