Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bledbetter
Level 7

Remote won't respond

Jump to solution

I just bought a Hisense Roku TV. Plugged it in and the TV turns on. I've inserted 3 different sets of batteries into the standard remote and the remote won't respond. The red sensor light on the TV just blinks really fast and makes a clicking sound. I cannot get past the language set up because the remote doesn't respond

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Remote won't respond

Jump to solution

@Bledbetter 

Thanks for the information.

Please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

If you need a replacement remote for a Roku TV, you would need to contact your TV manufacturer. You can contact Hisense here: https://www.hisense-usa.com/support/ or at 
1-888-935-8880.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Tivoburkee
Level 20

Jump to solution

Point the remote at the camera of your cellphone and press a key  do you see flashes? That will tell if its the remote or not. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Bledbetter
Level 7

Jump to solution

I see the sensor in the remote blinking when I do this. So does that mean it's an issue with the tv and not the remote? 

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 20

Jump to solution

Or there's something in the tv's way, do you have soundbar in the front of the tv?

Edmund
0 Kudos
Bledbetter
Level 7

Jump to solution

No, there isn't anything in front of the TV

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 20

Jump to solution

The remote include with the tv does it have Hisense written on it. And the middle button right under the cursor pad does it have a crescent moon on it? Just seeing if its really a roku tv remote and not just roku remote. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Bledbetter
Level 7

Jump to solution

It says 'Hisense-Roku Tv' on the remote and it does have the crescent button

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 20

Jump to solution

I'm kind out of ideas, if you want try other batteries? It sounds like its the tv itself. Smiley Sad

Edmund
0 Kudos
Bledbetter
Level 7

Jump to solution

I've tried 3 sets of different batteries. I think I'm just going to take it back, ugh. Thanks for trying to help!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Bledbetter 

Thanks for the information.

Please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

If you need a replacement remote for a Roku TV, you would need to contact your TV manufacturer. You can contact Hisense here: https://www.hisense-usa.com/support/ or at 
1-888-935-8880.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos