Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marlinpuppy
Level 7

Remote will not power streambar off anymore

I hsve a streambar with all the speakers and subwoofer.  It came with 3 remotes, one table top and 2 hand remotes, and they worked perfectly untill yesterday.  None of them will power off my streambar anymore.  I have repaired, replaced batteries, checked for updates, and restated device and will still not power off the device.  Any ideas?  Could use some help on this.  The tv is a Samsung.  Thanks for any help on this

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Remote will not power off anymore

Yes, this keeps happening to my sisters roku soundbar too, but not mine ever. To fix, using the streambar remote:

settings> remote & devices> remote> remote in use> program tv> it will have you enter tv brand> chose program tv power button> follow prompts. 

My sisters is Onn Roku Soundbar and Hisense Roku tv.

Where I have Roku branded Soundbar and Tcl Roku tv. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Remote will not power off anymore

Well it happened to mine, and I don't have an option to program tv, never did, i'm sure if it were attached to non-roku tv it would have that option. Refreshing the cec devices in the menu of the TCL roku tv fixed it. My first sign something was wrong was the home key on the Soundbar roku remote wouldn't switch to the soundbar, and then the power key wouldn't work either. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos