Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Remote interference: Three identical Roku TVs w/ paired voice remotes

I purchased three identical Roku TVs that came standard with the wifi voice remote:

Hisense Roku TV Model: 50R7E

I keep re-pairing the voice remotes with each TV but the remotes still turn the other TVs on and off.

I thought that when a remote was paired with a TV, it would only work with that TV.

Do the remotes share duplicate internal IDs or something where the TV can't tell one remote from another?

Am I doing something wrong?

Do I need to cover the IR port on the front each TV with tape?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Remote interference: Three identical Roku TVs w/ paired voice remotes

That model does not come with wifi remote, if it has crescent moon key its IR,  the place where the moon key is if it has key with microphone on it then its a wifi remote. Do these remote having pairing buttons in the battery compartment?

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

@Tivoburkee  - It didn't used to come with the voice/wifi remote but now it does.

All three remotes have the microphone key and they all have the pairing button in the battery compartment.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Label them, when pairing have the other two tv unplugged. Once they're paired to their own remote, and you can identify them, you shouldn't have any conflicts. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I did the pairing as you describe and they still have conflicts.  However, I think I understand why now.

It seems like when the TVs are off, the remotes only work in IR mode.  Then once the TV is on for about 30 seconds or so, a thing pops up in the upper right corner showing the remote battery level.  Once that happens, it appears to be linked by wifi but the IR port is still active at the same time.  So you have to block the IR port on the remote when using it (or point it toward the ceiling) they don't interfere.

0 Kudos