Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sandra64lynn
Reel Rookie

Remedy for disappearing channels on Roku TV

Just a heads up, we will be performing some basic troubleshooting steps to fix the issue and hoping for your cooperation on this one.

Please do this in your end

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select System
  4. Select Software update.

After the software update, proceed to system restart

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System restart

IT WORKED!!  GIVE IT A TRY!!

6 REPLIES 6
Starla4206

You are a lifesaver! I am so grateful for this post as I was not able to find anything else on the entire internet about how to fix this issue.

I had already thought to do the software update but I couldn't figure out how to do a system reset (aside from a factory reset) and had only tried powering the TV off and back on with no results.

This was incredibly helpful, so thank you again for posting this!

sandra64lynn
Reel Rookie

So glad you were helped! I patiently waded through a Roku service chat and voila, the answer we’ve all needed! Cheers!

0 Kudos
RB58
Reel Rookie

FWIW I've found running a quick internet connection test also seems to fix the problem which is becoming more and more prevalent. I've also discovered by accident that the problem is nowhere near as common for me if I use a wired connection instead of WiFi.

0 Kudos
winston3338
Roku Guru

Re: Remedy for disappearing channels on Roku TV

Hello, I was playing with a new soundbar and I had to do a factory reset and my channel numbers are back. I have a 32 inch Onn/Roku. 

Yep, I just checked again and I have channel numbers (for now) 

0 Kudos
winston3338
Roku Guru

My channel numbers are gone again. I came back from watching YouTube and there gone. 

0 Kudos
winston3338
Roku Guru

Hi sandra64lynn, my numbers came back for about two hours and there gone again, do you have any other news. Thanks

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.