Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AirForceOnce
Level 7

Refurbished TCL TV

Jump to solution

We bought a TCL 43" Roku TV about four months ago and it went out. Going through TCL customer service has been a hassle. We received a replacement TV today (we still have eight months left on the original warranty) and the TV screen was crushed and cracked. The packaging was a plain brown flimsy box with no fragile or handle with care warnings. The box looked undamaged. This damaged TV had a -B after the model number on the label. It also said there was a 90 day warranty on it, which means we are not getting the full warranty of the TV we purchased. My wife is on the phone now "discussing" things. We have a 65" TCL 6 series that is awesome, but this experience may cause us to rethink purchasing future TCL TVs.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Refurbished TCL TV

Jump to solution

@AirForceOnce 

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried contacting TCL support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can reach them here: https://support.tclusa.com/televisions or at 1-877-300-8837.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@AirForceOnce 

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried contacting TCL support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can reach them here: https://support.tclusa.com/televisions or at 1-877-300-8837.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
AirForceOnce
Level 7

Jump to solution

Yes we have. We have taken pictures upon their request and sent them. My wife insists we get a new, in the original box, tv instead of a refurbished one since our original still had eight months warranty remaining. A new one will be closer to being like the original we bought, meaning all parts are new and unused. With a refurbished, we have no idea how old the parts are, how much they were used, and how long they may last. If a new one will not be provided, we will request a full refund and go elsewhere. It's only right. As of today, two days later, we haven't heard anything back. We will see.

0 Kudos