Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
tracynate
Level 7

Re: Streaming Channels not Launching

Jump to solution

Hello,  I am in Oregon.  I have a TLC Roku TV and am having the same issue.  

I am able to play the following apps: PBS, A&E, Roku.  therefore, I know that my internet connection is not the problem.

I am not able to fully launch the following apps: Spotify, YoutubeTV, Youtube, Amazon Prime, Netflix.  Each of these apps immediately bumps me back to the home screen.

I did check for updates in the settings.  

I am reluctant to delete and reload apps since I see that others have done that unsuccessfully.  

This issue started for us this morning.  Hope it is fixed soon.

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@tracynate Thanks for the note. A couple things you can try to troubleshoot this issue. 

• For each channel experiencing this issue, try the following steps in order, to reinstall the channel
  1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the * key and choose 'Remove channel'.
  2. Immediately restart the TV from Settings>System>Power>System restart
  3. Once the Tv has restarted, go to 'Streaming channels' on the Righthand side of the Home screen and add the channel back once more. 
  • If performing the above process for each channel isn't resolving the issue, the next steps would be to perform a factory reset on the TV, and then set it up again fresh. This removes all data, channels, and login information from the TV, allowing you to set it up again anew. I know this may be a bit cumbersome, but it often can help resolve these types of issues. 

If you need any additional help from there, I'd recommend contacting your Roku TV manufacturer directly. They offer direct support and warranty services for their products. You can locate their contact information here: https://community.roku.com/t5/Manufacturer-Support-Warranty-Resources/Contacting-Support-for-Your-Ro...

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@tracynate Thanks for the note. A couple things you can try to troubleshoot this issue. 

• For each channel experiencing this issue, try the following steps in order, to reinstall the channel
  1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the * key and choose 'Remove channel'.
  2. Immediately restart the TV from Settings>System>Power>System restart
  3. Once the Tv has restarted, go to 'Streaming channels' on the Righthand side of the Home screen and add the channel back once more. 
  • If performing the above process for each channel isn't resolving the issue, the next steps would be to perform a factory reset on the TV, and then set it up again fresh. This removes all data, channels, and login information from the TV, allowing you to set it up again anew. I know this may be a bit cumbersome, but it often can help resolve these types of issues. 

If you need any additional help from there, I'd recommend contacting your Roku TV manufacturer directly. They offer direct support and warranty services for their products. You can locate their contact information here: https://community.roku.com/t5/Manufacturer-Support-Warranty-Resources/Contacting-Support-for-Your-Ro...

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos