Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TooTechnical
Streaming Star

Re: Prime and Netflix crashing

Jump to solution

Just an update for the fix that has been used in this forum.  So far it has been needed for approximately every 3 weeks to be implemented again.  Sorry if I'm repeating someone already, but it seems to be some sort of buffer failure where it simply is not emptying out after the TV is turned off.  Since this is happening on many different makes and models, it must be a ROKU issue, so I simply cannot understand why they do not read what is going in this forum and do something already...

Anyway, one more time for HOME HOME HOME HOME HOME UP REWIND REWIND FWD FWD and wait now for another 3 weeks before it happens again.  Oh and BTW there are still little indications of failures along the way of those 3 weeks as well...

0 Kudos
Tij662

Re: Prime and Netflix crashing on Roku TV

Jump to solution

I am having this same problem. Been happening all of September 2023 

0 Kudos
TooTechnical
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

There's a price for everything I suppose.  When I purchased this Philips 65" TV it was $349 in Walmart and a few weeks later $299 (ugh).   Anyway,  I guess I could have spent $600 on up for an Android TV and avoided all of this nonsense, but you get what you pay for, as they say.  So, the cost of a sale like this is the continuation of the home home home... BS until something else comes along. 

We can only be thankful that @Setablaze777 figured out how to reset the system. 

Now, my only question is, does Setablaze777 work for Roku as a Technician or other white collar exec?

Now he/she did get help from @RokuLianna (a retired Roku Moderator) who said to "clear the cache", but did not come up with this specific method. So,  I mean, how did he/she come up with this solution?  I simply can't sit back and except that he/she just kept playing around with the remote until this method was found.  I'm a retired IT/programmer and I could never come up with a solution like this, not unless I had some insider information.  Just sayin'...  Food for thought...

Who are you @Setablaze777 ??  Are you a Tech genius or just lucky?  Was this something you remember from a playstation that you just tried and it worked? 

0 Kudos
Lvasq43

Jump to solution

Thanks this worked for my Roku tv! 

0 Kudos
f360racer
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I have been having this issue as well for some time on several TCL Roku tv's. I have removed the app and reloaded it several times. I have removed power several times and still have the same issue. Today I found this site and tried the Advanced Settings to App page and I don't have that option. I tried the "cheat code" and it didn't work for me, however I tried it again. It worked for me as it reset after it "froze" so I will report if the problem goes away. Thanks for the help

0 Kudos
VIGn

Jump to solution

My onn/roku tv doesn’t even have the “ clear the cache” thing! So not sure what I am looking for , my tv does the same thing and it’s very frustrating! 

0 Kudos
Pompocho
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I would not bother doing this. My doesn't have it either. I just unplugged my Roku tv and waited 10 seconds and plug it back in. Netflix got back to life. I know it is annoying but that is the only think had worked for me. Until Roku find a permanent solution that is all we can do. Good think is that it doesn't happen that often. 

0 Kudos
Braton

Jump to solution

Yes all the dam time but ours is just Netflix 

0 Kudos
themayor

Jump to solution

Just unplug the TV for a minute. 

0 Kudos
stripelesstiger
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have determined that it's just the Netflix app and its poor optimization on certain devices. Prime is laggy for me but plays just fine, however Netflix is the only app that locks up and crashes if you overwhelm it with input - consistently. It's just a badly programmed app even when totally up to date.

Forcibly "clearing the cache" means that the app is bad at resource management and Netflix just doesn't care.

The only other app I've seen this bad is AppleTV because they never cared or wanted it on Roku to begin with. They are just badly designed apps. I've never had them NOT do this on any of my roku devices.

It's mainly why I don't watch AppleTV and Netflix. You'd think if they wanted more viewers/subscriptions (and therefore more money) they'd make an effort to make it work right on the devices they put it on.

0 Kudos