Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PunkMaister
Binge Watcher

Re: Prime and Netflix crashing

Jump to solution

I have never ever seen an app option in the settings or advanced settings of any Roku streaming device or Roku TV and I happen to own both so I should know.

Those kinds of options only apply to Android mobile devices and even that's limited to some as well just FYI.

0 Kudos
jentlesoal

Jump to solution

Hi setabalze777,  I have been dealing with this issue for months, and only today decided to investigate. Im glad I did. Your detailed instructions resolved the issue! Thanks for sharing with the community! Kudos to you!

TooTechnical
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Hi jentlesoal,

Everyone is always happy to read someone's post that may have resolved their issue as we have all been dealing with this problem for far too long already and we've all tried the same thing over and over again and again.  However, if you could share what TV you have applied this fix to we would all appreciate it so that some who share the same make and model might gain some confidence in trying it on theirs as well.

Also, if you wouldn't mind checking in say in about a month from now to tell us how you are making out with the fix.  Have you noticed any lagging, or have you had any of the same old issues from before or are things still going well for you?  We'd all appreciate the updates so that we can keep tabs as to how things are going for some TVs and how they are not for others.

Thank you for what you can do to help all of us out with this issue.

0 Kudos
YourITDRRRR
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

hrrrr drrrrr just do this even though none of it works because IT are a bunch of morons hrrrrrrr. just turn the t.v. off and on durrrrrrrrr

This entire thread is nothing but b*ll**bleep**. Maybe some of these trouble shooting tips work for some of you, but it's not going to work for everyone. It's a bug in Roku and they refuse/and/or too incompetent to fix it.

Why bother having this t.v. if you can't watch two of the biggest streamers there is?

HRRRRR DURRRR did you reset the t.v. drrrrrrrrrrrrrr

0 Kudos
YourITDRRRR
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Exactly. Anyone dealing with this issue shouldn't buy another cr*p t.v. from these mor*ns. They're IT are completely incompetent.

HRRRRR just unplug it drrrrrrrr

0 Kudos
YourITDRRRR
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Roku doesn't give a f*ck. IT will just tell you "hhhhrrrddddrrr did you plug it in correctly, reset the t.v."  DRRRRRRRRRRR

It's a software issue. They're just too lazy to fix it, but they certainly aren't too lazy to steal our money.

0 Kudos
jonkeo

Workaround for App crashes

Jump to solution

If you have an Xbox or Playstation (Or other input device that supports apps) you can download Netflix or other problematic apps until this gets resolved.  

0 Kudos
TechSnafu

Jump to solution

@jentlesoal, I agree completely! @Setablaze777 has the only solution that has helped me. I’ve used it on two different types of Roku TVs and will try it on a Roku stick soon. My specific glitches aren’t what others have mentioned but they are still gone. I also could not find the clear cache options using the step by step instructions. The “remote dance”, pushing different buttons so many times was the only thing that worked. Thank you so much @Setablaze777, I am curious how you discovered this. 

0 Kudos
Kegawlik3

Jump to solution

You’re honestly a genius for figuring this out!! Thanks so much!

0 Kudos
ctkchuck
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Hi I didn't figure it out, I just dug deeper for a solution and shared it.  I have to do this trick every couple weeks...

my tv is:

65" TCL ROKU TCL model 65S435

HDW C167X. Soft ver 12.0.0

Build 4182-93

hope this helps

Ctkchuck

0 Kudos