Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cc13

Re: Prime and Netflix crashing

Jump to solution

This is the only thing that actually helped/worked so thank you!!! 

but also why do we have to find a cheat code on the internet just to reset the cashes? Shouldn’t this be in the settings list? Feels like a sneaky way to make older people think their tv is broken in order to buy a new one 😒 

0 Kudos
ctkchuck
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

HEH!!!  I'm 70 and knew better than to buy a new TV, but of course I've been programming mainframes and PC's since the 70's way before you were born...

There should be a setting to do just what we had to do I agree.  They do need to increase their sizes since the apps are definitely getting bigger all of the time.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I also don't have app in my settings. And I don't see a response to that

0 Kudos
Pscomparetti
Reel Rookie

Re: Prime and Netflix crashing on Roku TV

Jump to solution

Yes, I am having that problem only on one roku streaming device, and only on one series, Monty Pythons Flying Circus. It does exactly what you are describing. Other shows seem to work ok.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Wow! Thank you so very much!! It’s was driving me nuts!! #Roku 

0 Kudos
NPx
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This happens across a range of Roku devices - I just use a plug-in Roku stick. It's some Roku OS software glitch - I'd guess they'll fix this in some future update - or make the function accessible as an item in the device help system (or both). Apart from this the device works perfectly and is an amazing way to turn a TV into a smart TV - even when travelling away from home.

I suspect some of the frustration of earlier posters on this thread came from not following the instructions precisely - please see my list on page 5 which gives enough info to perform this correctly.

0 Kudos
NPx
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Sorry Misschrissy63 I don't understand your comment. We are not talking about an app here - this uses the Roku's main menu to fix a crashing problem..

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

This is the only option that worked on my Roku TCL tv, there is not an "app" menu under settings, so I couldn't use the other mentioned method.

0 Kudos
hnbrink
Binge Watcher

Re: Prime and Netflix crashing on Roku TV

Jump to solution

My TV does not have the advanced setting Apps option, so that cannot be cleared. 
I've done the restart roku tv (home x5, up x1, etc...)

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app. 

My speed is 85mbps fios hardwired, not wifi

NO other app on this tv does it except Netflix. 

Traysee88
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The "app" choice is not available in my Advanced Settings.  What do i do?