Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maktar
Channel Surfer

Re: Pair speakers - subwoofer option not showing

To begin the pairing process, plug a power cable into each speaker and a nearby wall outlet, and listen for the spoken instructions.

• Note: Before a speaker is paired to your Roku host device, the spoken instructions are repeated every few minutes. If you wish to hear them again immediately, press the Pair button on the back of the speaker.

The speaker will ask you to perform the following steps to put your Roku host device into pairing mode.

1. Make sure your Roku host device is powered on
  2. Press and hold Home

on your existing Roku remote for 5 seconds
  3. Select Wireless speakers
    • Tip: You can also put your Roku device into pairing mode by selecting Settings > Remotes & devices > Set up a new device.

After you complete step 3, you can follow along with the steps on your TV screen, or continue reading this article for a more comprehensive set of instructions.

When your Roku host device is in pairing mode, it automatically detects and pairs each speaker, one at a time. After the few moments it takes to pair and update each speaker, the process will move to the step below automatically.

1. A sound will play in only one of the speakers. While facing the TV screen, identify which speaker the sound is coming from.
  2. Select the speaker location from the list
  3. After you assign a value, a sound will play in the next speaker. Follow this same process until all speaker locations are assigned.
0 Kudos
Ron2023
Reel Rookie

Hallo again thanks for your response.

Although like I mentioned earlier what’s missing is the option to add wireless speaker.

only option available is:

Wireless headphones 

Remote and Smartphone or tablet 

Software is up to date and all.

please advice…..

0 Kudos
Maktar
Channel Surfer

Have you tried the reset button on the speaker? Not the pairing button but there is a button right below that.

Check this video about 3 minutes in.

https://youtu.be/mm-VU69IDHs

0 Kudos
Ron2023
Reel Rookie

Hey Maktar thanks though like I said it’s the host device not showing an option for the the wireless speakers only options are remote, smartphone/tablet and wireless headphones. No option to add speakers 

0 Kudos
Maktar
Channel Surfer

So have you tried the Reset button or not?

0 Kudos
Ron2023
Reel Rookie

I had tried this before yes. Let me try again

thanks

0 Kudos
Maktar
Channel Surfer

If the Reset does not work, I'm not sure what else you can try. Reading some reviews people had same issue on the US versions and a reset worked for them.

Looking at the menu on my Streambar(US version 9102R, Software version 12.0 build 4184-95), if you goto settings then Remote & Devices, do you even see a speaker option there? If not, I would say a faulty unit unless your unit is woefully out of date on software updates but I highly doubt that after 3-4 years of these sound bars being out in the market. Just in case, Your Roku host device must be running Roku OS 9.2.6 or higher to work with Roku wireless speakers.

I get what you are saying now. I see a speaker option when I hold the Home button down long enough or when I goto Remote & Devices. Maybe a factory reset under the Advanced system settings option as a last resort.

0 Kudos