Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ClintronK
Level 7

Onn Roku TV - Integrated Live TV Channel Guide not showing Roku TV Channels anymore

We have a Onn Roku TV (Model C801X, Running 9.4.0:4200) and we've loved the Integrated Live TV guide, showing the local channels as well as Live TV from the Roku Channel, but today the guide no longer shows any channels from the Roku Channel.  I thought maybe an option had been changed, however following the guide from this page - https://support.roku.com/article/115012658287 it says:

If you wish to only see TV listings for "over-the-air" channels, you can hide all the streaming TV channels from Live TV Channel Guide using the steps below.

1. Press the Home button home button on Roku remote on your Roku TV remote.
  2. Scroll up or down and select Settings.
  3. Select TV inputs, followed by Live TV.
  4. Select Hide streaming TV channels.
  5. Check the box next to Hide all.

When you want to see information for streaming TV channels in Live TV Channel Guide again, repeat the steps and uncheck the box.

The option box of "hide streaming tv channels" is not longer there. I can't see any other options to do this, and it appears that the feature has been removed.  We are disappointed, because it makes watching live TV from Roku much less convenient and incredibly cumbersome.  

2 Replies
Visitor45763
Level 10

Re: Onn Roku TV - Integrated Live TV Channel Guide not showing Roku TV Channels anymore

Someone said they believed the new streaming channels are Pluto. Maybe they're accessible from the Pluto streaming app?

Personally, I wish they were separated from antenna tv. It seemed a little busy having it all together. (Categories/hierarchies are a long-recognized way of making user interfaces easier to use.).

I think much of my dislike for adding 1000+ streaming channels to antenna tv is due to 1) no numeric remote direct access to a channel (which customers have asked for for years). 2) Favorites were removed. Those offered a way to narrow the navigational burden. 3) No way to hide any of the 1000+ channels (without hiding them all. Someone said they thought this might have been a contractual requirement from Pluto. If so, just another reason to keep Pluto in its category, and antenna tv in its.). 4) Continuous channel changing was removed. Now you have to repeatedly press & release the up/down arrow. (Using the guide, and especially the << >> keys in the guide makes that a lot better. But, still, there's probably 800 channels the average person won't watch. It doesn't make sense to make them navigate past all that eye noise over and over. Let alone have to navigate to the guide to do it, when they know where they want to go while watching an antenna channel. Before this improvement, the tv worked like a tv was expected to work. Antenna channels were in their own category, with a favorites subset. Continuous channel changing seemed slow, but not onesy-daisy, twosy-daisy the way it is now.

If it had those things, and a person could reduce the burden of 1000 channels, it might not be bad to have it all in one "live tv" container. But, if it's all or nothing, then the vast majority of people commenting here (in other threads) was to go back to how it was, without the 1000 channels.

Plus, the really annoying thing is: people have been having problems for months (if not years). Such as a network "can't connect (mac addr all zeroes)" where they have to take their tv to a different location and bum wifi access to fix the problem. ("Hey you, get out of here!" (Closes door). "Don't worry honey, it was just another Roku user fixing their tv in our front yard.").

That stuff has been going on for a very (very) long time. Roku still hasn't fixed it. But, they have time to implement 1000+ channels in a ham-fisted way? That's what stands out to me. It's like there's no leadership. If you liked the 1000+ channels, that lack of vision affected you too. Maybe they're removing it because of all the complaints (instead of fixing it). At least their removing it. I fully expected them to move on to break more stuff, acting like nothing's wrong (just like the mac addr zeroes problem has gone unaddressed.).

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.
FrustratedCust
Level 7

Re: Onn Roku TV - Integrated Live TV Channel Guide not showing Roku TV Channels anymore

Been having the same problem on our Onn TV with no streaming channels in the live line up for over a week now. Roku made an Issue Id but no luck with them getting back. You have any luck getting this resolved?