Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Tv goes black but sound is onn

Jump to solution

Add me to the list where it goes black

0 Kudos

Re: My tv randomly goes black for days but has sound

Jump to solution

Over here trying to figure out if anyone has any ideas on what the cause on this issue is because my 55in tcl has just started doing this and I did everything else already and nothing’s improved. It’s like the screen is on and everything works fine except it’s on this dark navy almost blackish very dimly lit dark screen. 

0 Kudos
Kimhuber96

Re: Onn Roku 70' TV Black Screen, what to do?

Jump to solution

I have the same exact model. Same thing is happening. 

0 Kudos
Reimburse
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution
  • You are going to have to buy another TV unfortunately.  I am livid, my other current TV's are 15 plus years.  This in unheard of.
0 Kudos
Mdubb392

Re: Tv goes black but sound is onn

Jump to solution

Same issue here. This is my second one in the past 3 years to go black. The first one I was unable to ever get working again once it blacked out the first time. My second one started blacking out after about a year and I was able to do the soft reset every so often and get it to come back on. I think it finally gave out now because the reset is no longer working. I will not buy another Onn Roku tv! Two 70” tv’s went bad in less than 3 years. SMH

0 Kudos
Psteezy
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

You are 100% correct. I tore it apart, priced out new HDMI panel (I am not qualified to solder it), priced out new motherboards (not worth trying) and just decided my only option was to go buy a new one. I read enough about the customer service and warranty program to know not to even waste my my time with it. I guess for the price these are just throwaway TVs which is unfortunate because for a lot of people who buy them, this is still a big purchase. This day in electronics there's no way they can't still build a TV at this price point that will last a decade. Just get an LG, Sony or Samsung. 

0 Kudos
Dantep

Jump to solution

Add me to the list. Roku 70" 2 years 4 months old. Bad backlight. It's sad that Onn/walmart would do this and Roku would stand by. Will never give a dime to Onn or Roku again!! Why can there not be a class action lawsu?? against these crooks?

0 Kudos
Nightrider455
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Ok add me too the list.. what I'm a little bit more advanced on the knowledge I just need to know if it's the power supply or the main board or both $59 on Amazon I hate to throw away the TV I bought 3 years ago for 450 bucks if I could be guided and directed in the right direction because my symptoms are of the TV I watch the TV it will just go black and I do the little trick of unplugging it for a minute plug it back in and it will be able to turn on and then sometimes it will go out pretty soon you won't be able to do that trick anymore but I just need to know if it's the power supply issue or the main board and then there's a small buzzing sound when I turn on the TV to me that says the power supply is struggling but wish a technical expert will guide me in the right direction so I know what part to get. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Nightrider455
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Okay I dug into it a little bit further since no one else was able to help me there was a YouTube video out there that describe the part needed to fix this problem it is the power supply board since they used a different kinds of power supply boards you have to take the TV apart really easy little small back panel and look at the power supply number and order the proper board make sure it is the proper power supply number and order the exact number off of Amazon it should be around 59 bucks but who knows how long that will last it's always been a sub-par picture me and my wife both agree this will be a backup TV for a family room or I'll just sell it after I fix it and we agree that we're going to go with Samsung only even though I'll miss pausing live television that was the only benefit this TV offered that is hard to find Samsung does offer timeshift similar.

0 Kudos
Keli2

Jump to solution

We had the same problem but our TV isn’t even 2 years old. Called tech support and they did their steps then said they can’t fix it. ONN brand will never be purchased by me again and I will tell everyone I know that this brand is absolute TRASH!!! 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.