Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
firth61

One device “not available on this network”

We have about 6 Roku sticks. 5 are working fine.

For the one that isn’t working, it was working fine yesterday but now the remote doesn’t work. Changed batteries. Unplugged and replied the Roku stick. Still won’t work.

Went into the Roku app and look at list of devices I can connect to to use the app as a remote. In the devices tab I can choose any of the 5 working devices, but the non working one shows up as “not available on this network / previously connected devices.”

On the tv itself, I just see the screensaver for the non working roku.

How can I get this one back on the network?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: One device “not available on this network”

Does the stick use one of the Wi-Fi modules embedded in the USB cable (it's a noticeable bump in the cable)?  If so, can you swap the cable from another stick?  That cable is required for the remote and the network connection to work and they are known to go bad.  You also say you just see the screensaver.  Did you press the reset button on the stick or disconnect and reconnect the USB power connection?  You should see the startup animation and then the Home Screen when it finishes booting.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.