Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

No remote, no WiFi on Roku TV

Jump to solution

I have an insignia Roku tv. At my previous house, my dog chewed up my remote so I just used my phone. Now, I am in a new house and can no longer use my phone as there is new WiFi, and I can’t connect to it with my phone. I bought a Roku standard IR remote and I can not connect it to my tv. Did I purchase the wrong remote? Is there any other way I can connect my tv to the WiFi? Please help!! 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: No remote, no WiFi

Jump to solution

@JaaskelaPerkins 

Thanks for the note.

If you need a replacement remote for a Roku TV, you would need to contact your TV manufacturer. You can contact Insignia here: https://www.insigniaproducts.com/contact-us or at 1-877-467-4289.

You can also purchase a replacement TV remote on our Product page here: Roku TV Accessories

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 17

Jump to solution

Sorry, buy yes. A standard roku IR remote, one without tv power and volume keys will not control a roku tv. You could just get a universal remote, though it won't use roku code, unless of course if it actually has roku tv codes listed, it would respond to TV codes under Insignia, TCL, admiral, orion, or sansui. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@JaaskelaPerkins 

Thanks for the note.

If you need a replacement remote for a Roku TV, you would need to contact your TV manufacturer. You can contact Insignia here: https://www.insigniaproducts.com/contact-us or at 1-877-467-4289.

You can also purchase a replacement TV remote on our Product page here: Roku TV Accessories

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos