Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

New TCL R625 Roku TV Brightness problems

I'm mainly using my new TCL r625 as a PC monitor.  I've barely had it for 2 days.

Twice now I have had brightness controls stop responding.   They just get stuck on Darker.   The only solution I've been able to find so far as been factory resetting.    This is ridiculous if I'm going to have to do a reset every day just to change the brightness levels around

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: New TCL R625 Roku TV Brightness problems

@scotchtape Thanks for reaching out. Have you contacted TCL support yet to report the issue and see what other help or suggestions they may be able to provide? You can locate their support contact information here: https://community.roku.com/t5/Manufacturer-Support-Warranty-Resources/Contacting-Support-for-Your-Ro...

As far the issue you're seeing, when does this occur?

What function are you performing on the TV when you are trying to change the settings and encounter this behavior?

Are you streaming video inside a channel? If so, which channel?

Are you displaying standard, HDR, or Dolby Vision content? 

In Settings>System>Advanced system settings>Factory reset, there is an option to 'Reset TV audio/picture settings'. This does not perform a full factory reset, but allow you to reset the settings adjustments on the TV. This should help you avoid needing to perform a full factory reset. 

Keep us posted from there! 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos