Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

New Onn Roku TV loop restart with software update

I just recently bought a new Onn Roku TV yesterday and I can’t even set it up! I get all the way through to entering my WiFi information and then the tv insist on a software update and states it will restart automatically. Once the restart happens the same setup screen happens again. I have tried factory reset, the side button reset on the tv, unplugging, skipping the internet part and doing it last... everything and I am getting frustrated. I currently have a insignia Roku tv I love and have never had problems, but I am almost to the point of returning the tv. I NEED any and all the help I can get! Any suggestions or answers?
0 Kudos
15 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: New Onn Roku TV loop restart with software update

I’m having the same issue, somebody plz help
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

same issues also
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Mine is doing the same thing. Very frustrating!!!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I’m having the same problem. I’m getting very angry.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the note here. If you haven't already try unplugging your TV from power for a moment, then plugging it back in and going through the setup process once more. If that isn't clearing up the issue, please feel free to contact Onn support directly for more help. You can locate their contact information here: https://community.roku.com/t5/Manufacturer-Support-Warranty-Resources/Contacting-Support-for-Your-Ro...

If you need any further assistance after speaking with Onn, please feel free to send me a private message with your Roku TV's model and serial numbers and I'll follow up to see what else we can do to assist.

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Same issue and no one at any number I contact is helpful at all.
0 Kudos
Level 7

Any help on this topic ?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Hi Tanner,

The number provided here - 1-800-966-6546 is simply a Walmart generic number and has noting to do with ONN Roku TV Support. Can you please help ?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for reaching out. I've updated our resources with additional information. Please feel free to reach out to onn support directly here: http://onntvsupport.com/#product_support-2 or by calling 1-888-412-6886. 

I'll pass your report along to the team as well. 

In the meantime, I would recommend trying to unplug the TV for a few minutes, then plug it back in to power. When you get to the Roku home screen, go to Settings>System>System update>Check now and try to check for any available system update. 

Feel free to send me a private message with more information if you still need additional support after speaking with onn. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos