Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Howard8

Need to change my e mail address on my Roku Tv so Roku cameras will connect . Not able to access otv

My TV is set up with old email I can't recover. I installed home indoor cameras using new email. I'm unable to connect cameras to TV app. Is that why and I need to update e mail on tv. How do I do this

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Need to change my e mail address on my Roku Tv so Roku cameras will connect . Not able to access

If you created a new Roku account when you set up your cameras, you'll have to link the TV to that account if you want to view them on your TV.  The only way link a TV to a different Roku account is to factory reset it.  Note that if you have any subscriptions paid through "Roku Pay", they're tied to your Roku account.  If you factory reset the TV and link it to a different account you'll no longer have access to those subscriptions and you'd want to cancel auto-renew on those subscriptions.

Can you still log into the Roku account at https://my.roku.com using the email address that's displayed under Settings->System->About on your TV?  If so, I think you could have just changed the email address of the old account. 

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.