Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dva

My tv won’t show on my Roku app on my phone

Jump to solution

My tv shows that’s it’s linked to my iPhone under devices in my account but it doesn’t show I can connect to the device to use it 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lastreaction122
Channel Surfer

Re: My tv won’t show on my Roku app on my phone

Jump to solution

Firstly, ensure that both your TV and iPhone are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.

Additionally, check if your Roku device and the Roku app on your phone are updated to the latest versions.

Restarting both your TV and phone can sometimes resolve connectivity issues. You can reinstall the roku app on you phone and see how it goes!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Is the phone connected to the same network (Wi-Fi) as the TV?  Can you enter the IP address of the TV that's displayed on the TV under Settings->System->About in the app on your phone?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
larcast

Jump to solution

También tengo el mismo problema, ambos dispositivos están en la misma red, la TV aparece en la aplicación pero no permite conectarla, solo aparece como "disponible para conectar" pero no lo hace, comienza una cuenta regresiva y luego te dice que se logró y que tus opiniones son: manual y que revises las conexiones de tu dispositivo; después de revisar una y mil veces ambas cosas e intentar conectarlo manualmente con la IP no funciona...

Nada funciona 🙂

0 Kudos
lastreaction122
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Firstly, ensure that both your TV and iPhone are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.

Additionally, check if your Roku device and the Roku app on your phone are updated to the latest versions.

Restarting both your TV and phone can sometimes resolve connectivity issues. You can reinstall the roku app on you phone and see how it goes!

Jump to solution

What if you do all of that and it still won't connect?

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Check your router configuration.  Some routers have an option to NOT allow separate devices attached to the network to interact with each other.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Hicksy11
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi @makaiguy 

I think this may be an issue I’m encountering. My devices connect fine on my home wifi router but the signal on that network isn’t strong enough in my bedroom to be able to stream content.

Because of that I connect both my phone and my Roku stick to a WiFi extender, which they both work perfectly on individually, but on that network I am unable to link the two devices.

Do you know how I would be able to change the settings of my WiFi extender to allow the 2 devices to link?

I realise this is more of a query regarding my extender but I have no clue when it comes to stuff like this so if you can help shed some light on it for me that would be great. For reference the device is a TP-Link Extender.

Many thanks in advance if you can help at all!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.