Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
User8
Level 7

My remote came broken how do I replace it or do I have to return the tv

Jump to solution

Hello I bought a tv for my son on black friday a onn roku tv I set it up a week ago from this post I saw the remote wasn't working I tried everything so I used my other son roku remote same type of onn roku tv and that worked then I noticed the remote was damaged and customer service isnt taking any calls and I dont know what to do. I have the app but when guest want to stay or his phone is dead theres know way to use the tv 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: My remote came broken how do I replace it or do I have to return the tv

Jump to solution

@User8 

Thanks for the post.

Please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

If you need a replacement remote for a Roku TV, you would need to contact your TV manufacturer. You can contact Onn here: https://support.tclusa.com/televisions or at 1-877-300-8837.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Tivoburkee
Level 20

Jump to solution

Roku only supplies the OS for the tv, you have to take it up with tv manufacturer, sorry. 

If I were you I would go to ebay, if you want a true roku remote it doesn't actually have to be Onn brand, it will respond to TCL or Insignia Roku tv remote. Just stay away from Hisense or Sharp Roku TV Remotes. 

I like this universal remote the One-For-All urc-7935 streamer remote, here's photo next to roku tv remote:

P1010420 (800x600).jpg

Its 1 device remote that can be programmed for three different devices, Streamers, tv, soundbars. Different parts of the remote are programmed for the particular device. They have codes for Roku tv's, and they are learning remotes too. They usually go for $25 but are cheap on ebay like so:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/One-For-All-Universal-Remote-Streaming-Control-3-Device-Stream-Box-Roku-App...

Edmund
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@User8 

Thanks for the post.

Please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

If you need a replacement remote for a Roku TV, you would need to contact your TV manufacturer. You can contact Onn here: https://support.tclusa.com/televisions or at 1-877-300-8837.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos