Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

My Phillips Roku tv has not received the 9.3 update

Jump to solution

So my mom has the Roku stick and already has the 9.3 update. I have a Philips Roku TV and it has not received the 9.3 update. not only that the weird thing is I can't find anything about that specific TV online in regards to Roku like nothing. Can someone please give me some information. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: My Phillips Roku tv has not received the 9.3 update

Jump to solution

@Dj_Smith82 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Roku OS 9.3 has begun rolling out to select Roku players and is expected to roll out to all supported streaming players, including the Roku Smart Soundbar, in the coming weeks. Roku TV models are expected to receive the update in phases over the coming months.

For more information about the Roku OS 9.3, visit the Roku Blog.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 12

Jump to solution

Sure.

You are one of the lucky Roku TV owners.  You don't want 9.3 as there are still many channels with issues and some basic TV functions are not yet working with the 9.3 upgrade based on the posts here.  Personally I'm dreading getting 9.3 .  Hope I don't see it for many months.

TheTick (aka "Moose Twit" affectionately called by chht)
Roku 3 for Pokémon TV / YouTube / Animal Planet GO / HBO GO. Chromecast for most other media because Roku Mirroring sucks , how many clicks in Wndows 10 (about a dozen) to Miracast on Roku vs 2 with Chromecast.
Verizon FIOS TV and Internet Service
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Dj_Smith82 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Roku OS 9.3 has begun rolling out to select Roku players and is expected to roll out to all supported streaming players, including the Roku Smart Soundbar, in the coming weeks. Roku TV models are expected to receive the update in phases over the coming months.

For more information about the Roku OS 9.3, visit the Roku Blog.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

Jump to solution

@thetick wrote:

Sure.

You are one of the lucky Roku TV owners.  You don't want 9.3 as there are still many channels with issues and some basic TV functions are not yet working with the 9.3 upgrade based on the posts here.  Personally I'm dreading getting 9.3 .  Hope I don't see it for many months.

I dreaded it too, but when I got it on all 3 devices a couple weeks ago it was a non-event.  I think most channels have made the needed updates by now.

After receiving the update I'd recommend doing a manual update check to be sure all your channels get their latest versions right away instead of waiting for the next auto update.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
Highlighted
Level 12

Jump to solution

Yes you are right.

My Roku3 got it on Friday.  No issues at all.  I like being near the bottom for Roku upgrades as there is nothing new Roku could add that would want me to be a beta tester or even on the early rollout.  I just want the channels I have to work on a stable platform.

TheTick (aka "Moose Twit" affectionately called by chht)
Roku 3 for Pokémon TV / YouTube / Animal Planet GO / HBO GO. Chromecast for most other media because Roku Mirroring sucks , how many clicks in Wndows 10 (about a dozen) to Miracast on Roku vs 2 with Chromecast.
Verizon FIOS TV and Internet Service