Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marcusob

McDonald's Ad On Permanently - An Intrusive Scummy Company that I Can Not Turn Off

I have children in my house and seeing McDonald's adverts permanently means I am debating whether they can eat junk food or not, by junk food I really, really mean food that is unfit for consumption, mass produced, disgusting garbage that the millionaire CEO and shareholders wouldn't feed their own children in a million years. Food that is produced for the poor at next to zero cost, and filled with absolute swill, unhealthy, and made by people who care only about money, nothing else. I don't want that brand anywhere near my home and I didn't invite them in. They exploit children, trying to make it some kind of fun image, when they are causing absolute misery with weight gain, unhealthy diets, and god knows what else.

Roku have sold the image on my TV screen to this company. You must think your customers are the dumbest people on the planet. But you win this battle, because now I can not get rid of this awful brand in my front room. I turned off all screensavers, and dynamic homescreen, I have turned off all the adverstising **bleep** you are trying to trick me into thinking I signed up for. I have the basic, default homescreen and up until recently this actually got rid of this vile, scummy company from your "festive" homescreen. But now they are back, obviously most people did what you didnt want them to do, and turned off this garbage, and so you've forced it everywhere else. I presume Roku wants to screw a few money coins out of their TVs, as the CEO wants a biggest bonus, and on the quarterly calls he's feeling pressure, ahh poor him. And I bet you think you're so clever, tricking people into buying your TV with low prices, and then selling adverts on them, way after the customer has purchased the TV set. This is pure greed, and totally underhanded. If it was written on the TV when I bought it, that you would do this, I would not have purchased the TV.  Same as Amazon Prime putting adverts on their channel after I had paid for a years subscription with no ads.

What are the instructions that all your other posts keep tralking about, saying that you can remove these scummy ads ? Well they dont work, and you know they dont work. You are telling us to switch to Personalised ads so you can charge more money for "targetted" advertising, not to save us from ads we dont want to see. We are not stupid, and this is the last time I ever purchcase anything from your company, and I will make sure everyone I know understands you are a company that forces advertising on people at any time in the future, without any warning and you think this is totally acceptable. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.