Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mondalo2

Is it safe to bring my roku device and remote to a friends house?

Planning on bringing my roku to a friends house and using my hulu and netlix accounts (only for a night that im there) by plugging my device's hdmi output into their tv and connecting my roku to their wifi. My question is basically this. Will my accounts all be secure and safe still after taking my roku back home with me after the night is over? I will not be logging into any of my accounts on their smart tv or anything so im assuming everything will be safe since its all being done on my own roku device. If they ever got their own roku device there isnt any way they would somehow have access to my account info right? Is all roku storeage just saved only in each individual roku device itself? I will be connecting my roku to their wifi as well, could any of this compromise my accounts or anything in the future or am i overthinking all of this as i usually tend to do. Thank you

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.