Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Davy49
Level 7

Is amazon firestick tv 4k needed now ?

Jump to solution

Hi,

We just purchased a new Hisense Roku TV (Model # 65R7E1), to be honest..this is my first 4k tv. Before we got our new tv, we had been using a non 4k tv that had hdmi port's on it. As we are amazon prime members, we did use a fire tv stick to watch netflix..prime video..etc., but now with our new roku tv, am I wrong in thinking that we no longer need to use that device to watch basically the channel's as before on the firestick device ? I currently have the firestick device plugged into hdmi port # 2, I'm tempted to simply remove that device from our tv and see what happens. Has any other user had the same issue ?

Thanks,

David

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Level 12

Re: Is amazon firestick tv 4k needed now ?

Jump to solution

Right, you no longer need it, I can't stand amazon own UI when it comes to your library, the firestick has both movies and tv shows on one line, where the amazon app on roku keeps your movies on a separate line then the tv shows.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Tivoburkee
Level 12

Jump to solution

Right, you no longer need it, I can't stand amazon own UI when it comes to your library, the firestick has both movies and tv shows on one line, where the amazon app on roku keeps your movies on a separate line then the tv shows.

View solution in original post

Davy49
Level 7

Jump to solution
Hi Tivoburkee,
By the way.. your username is very unique compared to mine. That's what I was also thinking, unless I'm missing something else, our new Roku TV is pretty much a 'has it all' in one device component. Even though we're on at&t fiber @ our house, there's still bandwidth that you must be aware of. By disconnecting the firestick, that will save me some. Have a great weekend !
David
0 Kudos