Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Insignia TV won’t connect to WiFi

I have an insignia tv with Roku built in, and this week have not been able to connect to my WiFi. The WiFi works on all other devices in my home, and the TV works when I test it on my phone’s hotspot. When I try to connect to my WiFi it asks if it is a home or dorm network which it has never done before. After I select home, it says it finds the connection but won’t connect to the internet. I’ve had this tv for almost two years and have never had this before.

29 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Insignia TV won’t connect to WiFi

@bga214  Thanks for the note here. It sounds like you may be trying to connect to a guest or public network that requires that a user accept terms on a splash screen. I'd recommend trying a couple things here. 

1. Restart your TV from Settings>System>Power>System restart. Reboot your wireless router/modem at the same time by disconnecting them from power for a moment. 

2. Once both devices are fully restarted, and your modem/router has fully reconnected. try going into Settings>Network>Set up connection and try to connect once more. 

3. If that still isn't working, try going into Settings>System>Advanced system settings>Network connection reset and reset your TV's network connection. Restart your TV once more. Then, go back to Settings>Network and try to connect once more. 

4. It's possible that a settings or configuration change may have occurred on your network due to an update or change by your ISP. You might try following the steps to connect using Hotel and Dorm connect here: https://support.roku.com/article/215058118-how-do-i-use-hotel-dorm-connect-to-connect-to-the-interne...

If you are still encountering an issue, we'd recommend contacting your Roku TV manufacturer directly for further assistance. You can locate their support contact information here: https://community.roku.com/t5/Manufacturer-Support-Warranty-Resources/Contacting-Support-for-Your-Ro...

You might also follow up with your ISP to report the issue, and request that they review the configuration of your wireless router/modem to ensure that no additional security measures have become enabled that may prevent you from connecting normally. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Highlighted
Level 7

Yeah, the latest Roku update basically bricked all of the Insignia Roku TVs. Roku support is no help, and my TV is out of warranty. So both Best Buy and Roku have lost a customer for life. Bummer, because it worked pretty decently up until a couple weeks ago.

Highlighted
Level 7

None of those options work. The update that Roku rolled out destroyed my TV’s ability to connect to my Wifi. there is a direct correlation with the timing of the update and the day that my TV stopped connecting.

Highlighted
Level 8

Buffering/WiFi issues after latest update

Anyone else been having buffering or WiFi connectivity issues after the latest update? I have a TCL 43S517 and ever since my update yesterday to 9.3.0.4170 I’ve had nothing but issues. Shows will stutter and buffer several times every 30 seconds or so. I have never had this issue prior to this update. Solid WiFi connection with excellent signal strength, 250mbs connection, and when I run the speed test I’m averaging around 50mbs down. Did a full factory reset and also attempted to rollback to the previous version but it was not listed.

Also maybe it’s just me but the interface seems to be a slower, slightly laggy.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Highlighted
Level 7

I also have an insignia tv that has been entirely knocked out by this update. And I want to know what they want to make happen about it!

Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Ccostlow3987 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us with the following information:
-Roku TV model number
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS
(all of this information can be found in Settings > System > About)
-when did this issue start to occur?
-summary of the issue you are experiencing and the troubleshooting steps you have taken

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

How can I send you my information as my tv is now affected by this?  I’ve basically erased everything, now the networks show up - but Nothing will connect.

@RokuDanny-R 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Gamble1294 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please feel free to post that information publicly, as the information that I have requested is not personal information. However, please make sure not to include any personal information (email address, phone numbers, etc) in your post.

If you feel more comfortable sending me that information in a PM and need more information about how to send a PM, visit our Community post here: Welcome to the Community

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted

so is anything being done about the latest update messing up everyone's tvs? If not, then this is a company ill be sure to stay away from in the future.

0 Kudos