Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gloston2

I Selected an Unsupported Display Setting

Jump to solution

And now I cannot get the home screen to show on the TV. It will not revert back. I tried a factory reset as a last resort but still nothing. Any suggestions what I can do besides purchasing a new Roku? This is with a 2 year old Roku Ultra.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: I Selected an Unsupported Display Setting

Jump to solution

@gloston2 

Try the factory reset again.  This time press and hold the reset button for 30+ seconds and see if it works now.

Another option is to take the Roku Ultra to another TV and set it to 720p. (use another TV if available or a friend/family member's TV)  You can manually set the resolution during the setup/activation after a factory reset or after you have completed setup. (Settings/Display Type/720p)

---

Now, you can also try doing this blind (in case the Roku did not get factory reset the first time you tried it).

1. press Home a few times. (this will assure you are on Home Screen)

2. press Up arrow once. (this will get you into Settings)

3. press right arrow once. (this will get you into right hand column)

4. press press down arrow three times (this will get you to Display settings)

5. press the right arrow button (this gets you into right hand column)

6. If you want to try using Auto detect, press the OK button.  If you want to manually select 720p, press the Up arrow once, then press OK.

----

Feel free to post an update if still needing help.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: I Selected an Unsupported Display Setting

Jump to solution

@gloston2 

Try the factory reset again.  This time press and hold the reset button for 30+ seconds and see if it works now.

Another option is to take the Roku Ultra to another TV and set it to 720p. (use another TV if available or a friend/family member's TV)  You can manually set the resolution during the setup/activation after a factory reset or after you have completed setup. (Settings/Display Type/720p)

---

Now, you can also try doing this blind (in case the Roku did not get factory reset the first time you tried it).

1. press Home a few times. (this will assure you are on Home Screen)

2. press Up arrow once. (this will get you into Settings)

3. press right arrow once. (this will get you into right hand column)

4. press press down arrow three times (this will get you to Display settings)

5. press the right arrow button (this gets you into right hand column)

6. If you want to try using Auto detect, press the OK button.  If you want to manually select 720p, press the Up arrow once, then press OK.

----

Feel free to post an update if still needing help.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.