Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shiloh17
Channel Surfer

Re: How to fix TCL Roku TV with black screen

Jump to solution

As an update to my post, I went ahead and contacted TCL, who promptly replaced the TV with another TV of the same class etc...

It wasn't that bad. I contacted the number on the back of the TV, went through a series of test, and then they even had me void the old one by writing void on the serial number. I did not have to ship it back. I got the newer TV a few days later.

0 Kudos
12thman1979
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Your TV must have been in the 12 month warranty period?

Shiloh17
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yes, it was just 6 months old. A shame it failed so soon, but at least It was replaced.

0 Kudos
wildchildofgod
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution
That's great for you, & of course everyone here posting about this awful TCL ROKU TV problem has been able to do that also, but ONLY when the TV is less than a year old & is still under TCL's manufacturers warranty. They sent a support tech out the FIRST TIME who replaced my motherboard, too, which is about the same thing as giving me a replacement TV since the motherboard is the brain of the unit (minus the exterior hardware). That was at 11 months after purchase. Then it went out AGAIN in even less time (10 months) for the same issue, but of course it's now well past the warranty period so they wouldn't help me, even though I was willing to PURCHASE & PAY for the tech support! Who can afford to replace a new 65" 4K TV every year or two because the manufacturer & their streaming device partner (ROKU) are making & selling faulty & flawed TVs? I know I can't! So a warranty repair is great for those who get it, but what about all of us who are passed the warranty period & neither TCL nor ROKU will help you regardless of the fact that it's due to their flawed product. A dead, 65" black rectangle staring at you is a like a slap in the face from TCL Roku each time you see it!
Bill E.
wildchildofgod
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution
Sorry Shiloh, I'm not upset with you, just this whole mess with this TV. I'm disabled & homebound so my TV is my everything. And now I have nothing to keep me distracted from my situation & depressing life. Forgive my snarkiness. It's not you I'm annoyed with. But I'm 100% done with TCL & ROKU until they make this right.
Bill E.
0 Kudos
Shiloh17
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

No apology necessary. I saw the frustration in your post and did not feel it was directed at me. I too am done with TCL products. The replacement they sent me, if that fails, I will get a different brand and won't think twice of it being TCL. 

These TV's are killing all their products as if I see TCL, I will shy away from it.

StevenCee
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Say @wildchildofgod, most credit cards today offer a year or two beyond the manufacturer's warranty, if you use the card to make your purchase. So you may not be out of luck...

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Sometimes because of a technical glitch, you can get a black screen on your TCL Roku tv . The simplest way to fix this issue is to power cycle your Roku tv.

1. Make sure your tv is turned on, to check this you can press the volume up button then you’ll hear sound from your tv.
  2. Now pull the plug of your TCL Roku tv from the power socket.
  3. Leave it unplugged for 30-60 seconds.
  4. Put the plug back into the pocket socket and turn on your TCL Roku tv.
  5. Now you’ll the Roku dancing logo on your screen.

Now try streaming anything on your tv you’ll not get a black screen on your TCL Roku tv. Also, make sure that all the cables or wires on your tv are installed properly. A loose cable cause the black screen issue on Roku devices.

If it fails to help you out, then visit TCL ROKU TV BLACK SCREEN RESOLVED

0 Kudos
dcortez

Re: Black screen tcl roku tv

Jump to solution

I had this problem. Unplugging the TV, wait 5 min, plugged in.  Now it works. 

0 Kudos
12thman1979
Streaming Star

Re: Black screen tcl roku tv

Jump to solution

@dcortez 

then it is not the same problem. You just needed to reset your television. You did not have the backlight failure that this thread is about. 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.