Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TTeriffic
Level 7

Re: How to connect a Roku TV to a receiver using HDMI cable

I'm through with Dish Network and want to connect a ROKU Express 4K+ to a Yamaha 665V and VIZIO D650iB-2 television. I'm not a Tech so a simple explanation would suffice and a schematic diagram would be perfect. Thanks, William. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi,

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend taking a look at the information provided by our Support page here: Connect surround sound to your Roku TV

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Rembury
Level 7

I have a Yamaha RX-4663 receiver and a sharp roku 5218 tvs and I can't get my receiver to play tv sound. I have it connected to HDMI ARC on the tv to HDMI out on the back of my receiver. Can someone assist me with this please?

0 Kudos
waterforded
Level 7

Here is what I did. All I know is that it works. My receiver is a Yamaha fix-v373. 

i run an hdmi cable from the Roku to the hdmi1 slot on the tv. I run a cable from the tv’s hdmi2 to the receivers hdmi1. I solved the sound issue by running an optical cable from the tv to the receiver’s  optical port.

On the TV, set the sound to the receiver.

0 Kudos