Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Randy231
Level 7

How do I turn my sound bar off

Sound bar will not turn off with power button on remote is it an issue with the sound bar or the remote? Or is that how it works and just goes into “rest” mode.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Tivoburkee
Level 21

Re: How do I turn my sound bar off

If this a Roku Soundbar, then no there isn't a power command to turn it on & off. You can turn of the front light in the menu if it bothers you at night. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
ShadowRider
Level 7

Re: How do I turn my sound bar off

Hi Randy231,

Just found this out tonight with my son, that "yes" you can turn off your soundbar. If you have the Roku App and your Android or Apple (not sure about other device models) is connected to your Soundbar look in the Upper Right Hand Corner on the digital remote on your screen and you'll see a little red power button icon. Same **bleep** icon that's on the actual remote! It will turn of the soundbar and disconnect from any wireless speakers. 

Once you turn it off using this method though, you have to use the digital remote on your phone/tablet to turn it back on again. The physical remote will turn off your TV, but won't turn the Soundbar and the TV back on together - only the TV comes back on. My whole family loves this Soundbar and subwoofer; movies are awesome and Xbox is GREAT! Going to pick up the wireless rear speakers at some point. 

0 Kudos