Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jsjones
Level 7

Re: Roku Live TV being forced into antenna channels since guide update.

Jump to solution

Just for information to the Roku people, we loved this change. I have spent a good part of the morning trying to figure out how to get it back. It would be very nice if this were an option. 

NerdGuy13
Level 9

Re: How do I remove the Roku streaming channels from the "Live TV" channel guide?

Jump to solution

@Anonymous It don't work that way if you have a Roku TV. ;-)

0 Kudos
AliceJCaudill
Level 7

Re: Antenna TV channels / Streaming TV

Jump to solution

It's amazing what people will complain about, seriously. 

demsd
Level 13

Jump to solution

I have to be working for Roku because I am not a neurotic Nancy crying about a few channels in the TV  guide? You might consider getting yourself some mental hygiene for your neuroticism.

Roku Ultra 4670X
40" TCL Roku TV
50" TCL Roku TV
0 Kudos
demsd
Level 13

Jump to solution

@Trebor429 

Didn't need a restart, dummy. It would have been gone regardless.

If I were a neurotic wackadoo loser like you, I'd start a Roku advertiser boycott with the millions of Roku users who didn't cry like babies about it until they bring it back, as it was.

Roku Ultra 4670X
40" TCL Roku TV
50" TCL Roku TV
0 Kudos
jef846
Level 8

Jump to solution

I guess enough people didn't like it, because they took it off of the live TV, and put it back into the Roku channel, where it was.  I watch antenna TV almost exclusively, so yes, this was a big deal for me. So if you want to watch these channels (most of which are not live) you can still see them on the Roku channel

0 Kudos
jef846
Level 8

Jump to solution

You can still see them.  They are back on the Roku Channel

0 Kudos
Sietl1979
Level 7

Jump to solution

I thought the addition of streaming channels was great. The day after I discovered it, they were gone. I’m not sure why it’s such a big deal, they were at the end of my OTA channels, so I didn’t have to scroll through them unless I wanted to. Please make it an option to add them back!!!

als60
Level 8

Re: Roku

Jump to solution

All 4 of my TV's work extremely well with the 9.3 update. I was surprised by the live tv streaming channels on my guide but I liked the versatility of not having to go to a separate app for those channels. But this morning those channels were just gone from my guide and I have found no way to put them back. Has Roku decided that the live streaming channels should not be there because of all the complaints? Is there a chance that in the future we will get an option to have them or not have them? That would be very nice for those of us that liked the addition to our "antenna tv guide." I have enjoyed Roku products for nearly 5 years and have had few issues, My wallet thoroughly enjoys having Roku, streaming tv and no outlandish cable bill!

RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

We recently removed a feature which integrated streaming and over-the-air (OTA) content from an HD antenna into a combined live TV channel guide for Roku TV users. Roku TV users will now see only OTA channels when selecting the "Live TV" tile on the Roku home screen. Roku TV users who would like to see streaming content within the live TV channel guide can do so through the "live TV channel guide" tile on The Roku Channel.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator