Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Hisense roku tv 50 is Terrible

Jump to solution

buying a roku tv was the worst purchase of my life, pictures and audio that suck, a setting menu that sucks even mo
terrible experience I will not recommend it to everyone I know
really really bad

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Hisense roku tv 50 is Terrible

Jump to solution

The 65" is probably worse.

80-90% of the time the remote does nothing, requiring multiple button pushes to get it to work.

at least twice per day the tv freezes....

Apps crash

Customer service is a joke....I have a warranty but after talking to customer service I just chalked this thing up as a loss and will NEVER BUY ROKU OR HISENSE EVER again.

Now I beilieve where so many people get confused on Roku TV and whether it works or doesnt is because they are all called Roku TV even the TV's so many people after claiming theres are great they mention they have the boxes, the actual TV's are trash, and I have owned the cheapest of the cheap tv's and never ever ever ever with and brand of electronics have I had so many issues.... (low ram and poor software = ROKU/Hisense)

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Highlighted
Level 13

Re: Terrible

Jump to solution

Have 4 currently, they all work really well.  Maybe you could describe your problems better?  Maybe provide model and manufacturer?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Hisense roku tv 50"

One of the hd sockets is not working properly (ok it can be hisense and not roku's problem)
yesterday I installed a soundbar lg, set on dolby and dts in the audio settings of the tv, it worked
not today
I had to change it and set it to auto
I checked on the internet many had the same problem, solving it with different settings that are not even on this system
I'm really upset
I thought roku was the future of TV instead we are still very far away

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 13

Jump to solution

Soundbar incompatibility isn't unheard of in any TV quite honestly.  If you have any HDMI ports that aren't working properly, I would definitely return the TV.  I assume you are using the HDMI ARC to get audio to the soundbar?  Usually a TV only has one port that is the ARC port and if that is the broken one, then it just won't be working ever.  It sounds like you recently purchased it (?) so you should be able to just swap it or get your money back. 

I have not used a Hisense Roku TV, so I cannot speak to their quality but considering they are usually even cheaper than TCL sets I can't imagine it is all that great.  I'm not sure anyone claimed Roku was the "Future of TV", it's really just another OTT streaming interface just like the "smart" that is put into almost all new TVs.  In my opinion though, I trust Roku to update their software longer than someone like Samsung who is notorious for basically abandoning their products or LG who has tried every "smart" operating system on the market and gave up on all of them.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

The HDMI is a secondary door which fortunately I don't need
the arc is ok
the soundbar is connected with an optical audio cable
one day it works on dolby dts and the next day on auto passthrough
it's not normal
giving it back is obvious and certainly not for another roku

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 13

Jump to solution

It's probably because of the optical.  Optical will not pass Dolby Digital + which most streaming services use for audio on many of their programs.  Isn't there an option for just "Stereo" for audio settings?  Also SPDIF should be "PCM" and ARC should be off.

I'll check my TCL when I get home.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Hisense roku tv 50 is Terrible

Jump to solution

The 65" is probably worse.

80-90% of the time the remote does nothing, requiring multiple button pushes to get it to work.

at least twice per day the tv freezes....

Apps crash

Customer service is a joke....I have a warranty but after talking to customer service I just chalked this thing up as a loss and will NEVER BUY ROKU OR HISENSE EVER again.

Now I beilieve where so many people get confused on Roku TV and whether it works or doesnt is because they are all called Roku TV even the TV's so many people after claiming theres are great they mention they have the boxes, the actual TV's are trash, and I have owned the cheapest of the cheap tv's and never ever ever ever with and brand of electronics have I had so many issues.... (low ram and poor software = ROKU/Hisense)

View solution in original post