Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kaby

Hisense Roku TV stuck on set up language screen and remote won't work

I have a Hisense Roku TV (R6 Series; Model No. 50R6E) I just assembled today, directly out of the box. It turns on, loads to the language screen and then refuses to go any further. I have unplugged/replugged the tv multiple times. I have tried several different sets of brand new out of the package batteries. When I pull the batteries out of the remote, the tiny red light on the tv goes out. When I put them back in, it comes back on. When I press any button on the remote the tv makes a 'dink' sound but doesn't respond and the red light blinks. This remote did not come with a chip nor does it have the reset button the Roku 'sticks' have. Please help. Right now all I have is a 50 inch paper weight, even after 2 and a half hours of scouring the internet for solutions.

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Hisense Roku TV stuck on set up language screen and remote won't work

With it powered on, at the top of the where the inputs are there is a reset pinhole, using a pen or something press and hold for more then 30 seconds. This will do factory reset. This rest pinhole is above the usb connector. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Kaby

That actually helped me a lot, although not because of the factory reset.  I figured out that one of the buttons is faulty.  The little plastic underlay inside is supposed to 'pop' back up when pressed and released. One of the keys doesn't pop.  So I just tore my remote apart and cut out one of the contacts for a key I won't use (Vudu), taped it underneath the contact that won't pop, reassembled, and voila! Remote fixed, tv responding now.  Thanks for your comment!  It lead me to the answer!

0 Kudos
tatertne
Reel Rookie

Im having same Issue and non of my buttons are defective. I can only control choice of language by scrolling with Fast Forward and rewind button.

0 Kudos
tatertne
Reel Rookie

The ok button just makes a "DINK SOUND " as well

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @tatertne

We're here to help!

Are you also experiencing the issue with the remote of your Roku TV? If so, please be advised that remotes for Roku TVs are manufactured directly by the TV manufacturer. We would recommend reaching out to the TV manufacturer's customer support team to report the issue and get help.

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

Please keep us updated.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
dallasstar

I faced this issue today and successfully solved it. The problem is that the remote is not properly paired. Take out your remote batteries, put them back in (without closing the cover for the batteries). Then, hold the small button next to the batteries until the light there turns green. Your TV will initiate remote pairing, and then the rest of the buttons will work.

Jkcii63

I had all the same issues. I got a new remote. I am good. I selected a Roku GE remote instead. The Roku remote seem to break easily.

0 Kudos