Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MSzam
Binge Watcher

Re: Hallmark TV App show ends before it is finished

@csm2 which app on your computer? I tried going to Hallmark channel website and watching from there, but that doesn't allow you to fast forward on the new movies.

csm2
Reel Rookie

Yes on the Hallmark app. It does say you MAY not be able to fast forward when you start the movie but we were able to and we did it on 2 of the new movies. Maybe it has something to do with our Xfinity service that we get the hallmark channel through?

MSzam
Binge Watcher

Thank you. Just tried again, that does not seem to be available for me, but I am not an Xfinity user. 

0 Kudos
pgladding
Reel Rookie

If so many people are having this issue, then why hasn't it been fixed?  First two Christmas movies I tried both ended about 5-10 minutes early and pushed me to another movie and no option to go back and finish.  Can even restart as there is no fast forward so you could face the same problem again.  It's crazy!

I tried contacting Hallmark on several occasions and got the run around about which group should provide support.  They really don't have their support act together very well.

If anyone get a fix or correction, please share...can't help but wonder if this is Hallmark APP or Roku issues.

Kwoodard58
Reel Rookie

Any response from Hallmark?

xtina12
Reel Rookie

I was told to remove hallmark channel

app. Then upgrade Roku software to make sure I have the current version. Then reload the hallmark app. I did all this but have not watched a movie yet. Was watching the actual channel. Hopefully will watch a movie this weekend. 

0 Kudos
MSzam
Binge Watcher

Are there any of the limited time/expiring movies still up to even try this out? I just took a look on hallmarkchannel.com and I no longer see any of the newer expiring soonmovies, just the older ones. Guess we'll have to wait until after this weekends movies show up on the app.

0 Kudos
pgladding
Reel Rookie

It is 100% a Roku problem. I loaded Philo and did a free trail. Movies work to the end with no problems.

no reply from Hallmark 

I tried this tonight- deleting the app, upgrading roku, redos loading the app. Still cut the movie off 10-15 minutes before the end and auto-advanced to the next movie.  I really hope Roku fixes this soon

Kwoodard58
Reel Rookie

This occurs on any movie watched on the Hallmark Channel app. I watched  Christmas Everlasting last night (several years old) and it switched to a different movie with 5-10 minutes left in the movie I was watching. 

0 Kudos